Induction questions

kellymummytobe

Reaction score
Hey girls so I'm due to be induced next Friday and I had my midwife out yesterday to give me a sweep that does not look like its worked :mad: anyway she did not explain what will happen when I go she just said I will be in there for 24 hours so silly question but will I need to take mine and baby's things stupid I know but I have to be sure. Will my hubby be able to stay with me the whole time or will he have to go home and will I be able to walk around or will they make me stay on the ward I know these are the sort of things I should of asked my midwife but she was here for no longer then 15 mins and then when I went to ask her she said she had other appointments to get too so lol sorry for the long rant girls but any answers will be great thanks for reading hope you and your bumps are ok xxx

Hi I replied to this thread the other week along with a few others so hopefully it should answer some questions.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2618042

With regard to your OH if after having the pessary inserted and you don't go into labour then he'll probably be sent home after visiting hours. Obviously if things started moving along and he wasn't there you'd be able to get him back. Most hospitals do this. They also generally let OH's stay longer times than normal visiting hours.

Have a read of the thread and let me know if you've any more questions xx

hey hun

i would take all your belonging with you as it could be a lot quicker tha the 24hrs, as the pessary only works for 24 hours if labour has not started by then they will either use another one or alternative to get you started!!

i was induced with my LO just over 3 weeks ago!! they inserted pessary at 2:15pm and he was born at 8:12pm so just under 6 hrs form start to finish so try n be prepared for both quick and long labours :)

my hosp policy states patners can stay for a longer period than anyone else, and if induced on labour ward they can stay the whole time but if on normal maternity wards, they will be asked to leave at a certain time and only can come back if established labour has begun

Good Luck hun, fx baby comes before induction or that it speedy for you xxxxx

Good question Kelly! Have read through the other thread too and am now a little more prepared for Wednesday, although I wish he would come before then all by himself. Had lots of tightenings last night and hoped it was the start of something, but back to square one today. Ah well, either way he will be here soon xxx

I was induced at 9 am on the sat and was having contractions every 10 mins by that evening so hubbie had to go home, he was allowed obv to stay when I was in labour the next night tho. We walked the lenght of the hospital a million times trying to get things going! They normally (at our hospital) take you to delivery suite at 3 cms and then in my case hook you up to a hormone drip to intesify and regulate the contractions!! They need to occasionally in early labour and constantly when in established labour monitor the babies heart beat so you will need to pop back to the ward every now and then during the early stages!! Hope it all goes well, my only advice would be know your body and speak upof something isnt right, I had complications (nothing to do with the induction dont worry) and I should have pushed for a ceasarian but didnt as I assumed that the midwife knew best and now (with hidsight) know that I knew best!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back