• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I did it..... I got her to take a bottle again, yay me!

Chrissy1

Reaction score
After my post a couple of weeks about saying that my princess was now 12 weeks old and had started ti toally refuse a bottle of expressed milk despite taking it from day one, I decided at the weekend that I was going to have another go at it and guess what..........

I won.... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It took me an hour of listening to her scream and trying in every position known to man but eventually I won the battle of wills and with her sitting in her bouncy seat she did take the bottle :cheer: :cheer: I ended up having to hold the teat in her mouth and I squeezed a little bit of milk directly into her mouth and when she swallowed that she started sucking. I was so relieved I rang my mum up to tell her... :rotfl: I went at it with a 'I'm not giving in' attitude and I think she picked up on it which is why she caved before I did this time. I was reading up on the net and basically the advice was that even if your baby refused the milk they aren't going to starve even if they don't eat for over 24 hours but if they are hungry enough they will take a bottle so I just went for it!!

The following day i tried again and she took the bottle without the screaming this time. She did play with the teat for about 5 minutes but there was no screaming. I tried yesterday with her on my knee but she didn't like that so I put her in her chair again and let her calm down and she drank the full bottle yesterday..... :cheer:

I know there were a few people who responded with the same problem so I thought I'd let you know how i managed it. I'm so pleased she back on a bottle a day of expressed milk and I feel ok about leaving her for a few hours or so now

Hope you all managed to do the same

:hug:

well done :cheer:
clearly your perserverance paid off!! :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member