I can't keep up

RitaJS

Reaction score
i began expressing about 8days ago and i started LO on 4oz, she never finished the bottle so tried her on 3oz which seemed to be a perfect amount. She turns away from the bottle just as its about finished.

I think LO is going thru a bit of a growth spurt becos the 3oz is defo not filling her so i am offering her boobie as well. I cannot seem to express anymore than 3oz (even thats a struggle), how can i get my boobies to produce more milk - i want enough to express and still have some left to feed LO.

This brings back memories!! I had the same problem.

What I was told:

You will never pump as much as a baby can drink from you. Your baby will simulate your milk better than any pump will.
To keep your milk up, (as explained to me very sternly by the lovely ladies at the breastfeeding clinic! ) you should be expressing at least 8-10 times a day for around 10-15 mins (once at night) even after your milk has stopped coming.
PUMP PUMP PUMP!

You can also try taking fenugreek (from health shops) It didn't make much difference to my supply but it does help a lot of women.

If she can feed straight from the breast, I would do this as often as you can. This will increase your milk the most.

OMG 8-10 times a day, how on earth did you find the timew to do anything else!!!!!

Are you supposed to do this as well as breastfeed LO?

OMG 8-10 times a day, how on earth did you find the timew to do anything else!!!!!

Are you supposed to do this as well as breastfeed LO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back