How much can you drink?

x0xbaybeeemz

Reaction score
Hiya.. I was just wondering how much you can drink when your pregnant so you dont harm the baby?
Iv just drank a glass of lambrini and i feel so guilty incase im pregnant. Soz if it sounds stupid! :wall:
And im off out in nottingham saturday night so i need to know..x

Some people say that one glass of wine once in a while wont do any harm
The government gudelines are not to drink at all.

Saying that i had been drinking before i found out. Hopefully ive done no harm.

But if you are going to feel guilty about it why not just stick to soft drinks

I found out that I was PG just before Christmas and had been on a few nights out and drank lots too. As soon as I found out I was PG though I stopped totally and haven't had a drop since. My LO was healthy at the 12 week scan so it doesn't look like I had done any harm.

Xxx

Hello :wave:

I never drink in my 2WW just in case. :angel: It is a pain in the butt because it means that I have to pull out of doing things with friends using lame excuses (as no one knows I am TTC).
I am sure my friends are thinking that I am behaving strangely but I am hoping they will understand when I finally get to explain!
Alcohol might not do any harm but the worrying that i would do about having drunk alcohol probably would!!!

Hi hun :wave:

As there is no known 'safe' amount to drink in pregnancy, it is advised to avoid it altogether. It's known that alcohol can cause defects but it is not known exactly how much you can drink for this to happen. I think, better to be safe than sorry. Keep in mind the foetus implants around 10 days after conception and any alcohol won't pass to the foetus until it is 'plugged in' so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back