How can i keep this a secret!!

mum2A&L

Reaction score
we know the sex of this one, and we found out with alice.

The first time around my mum and dad and nan and grandad didn't want to know the sex - they wanted the surprise, but i made the mistake of telling a few people in my family and it got out not long after we found out. Ive learnt and im not telling anyone (apart from my sister, but i trust her).

I keep having to really think about conversations before i have them with my mum. I also keep dropping 'She' or 'Her' and then 'Him' or 'He' into the conversations to try and throw her off.

Im having real problems really having to think about what im saying :rotfl:

Its going to be very obvious when i don't get alice's old clothes down from my mums loft!! i might just do it so they don't suspect.

Lol but if you get her old clothes down from the loft won't that make her think your having a girl?
too confusin for me. I would of probably spelt it out to my mum by now.. Doesn't catch on to things easily lol

Oh its such a tough one.........think you need to refer to baby as "bump" or something that could refer to either gender and stick with that name until the birth, no more he/she!!

I have no idea how you keep it a secret, my family all wanted to know, so there wasnt the same problem, although I dont live anywhere near my parents anyway so it wouldnt have been too hard to keep it secret!

Oh I sympathise totally, but am sure you can do it and only a few months left!

I went through this with Lovella. None of my family wanted to know so i had to keep my mouth shut for 9 months- it was hell lol. I couldnt go baby shopping with my mother or sister etc and had to watch my mouth everytime i talked about the baby. This time round i told them from the start that they were going to know and it was tough :D lol

When my cousin's wife found out the sex of their new baby at a late scan that my cousin hadn't gone to, she would sometimes say to her other daughter "are you looking forward to meeting your new si...ibling?" :rotfl: She'd also inadvertantly told my cousin it was a girl because they'd been discussing a few weeks before the fact that it was easier to tell the sex if it was a boy than if it was a girl and when my cousin said "You found out didn't you?" she said "Yes, but it could be wrong..."

Awwwwwwww hun i sympathise i really dont know if i want to know or not and i know that if i find out it will be hard keeping it from people, if that makes sense :?

You could always get alices clothes out of the loft anyway and watch what happens? :twisted: :twisted: xx

I would get the clothes out of the loft either way beacuase there may be some neutral sleepsuits etc. that might be ok for this LO.

Other than that just try and keep quiet as long as you can but if you do slip up don't worry about it - you'll have done well to keep quiet that long!

Oooh it must be so hard :hug:

I agree with Becky - say you want the stuff out of the loft in case there is some neutral stuff in there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back