Hi!!! My Alexa

First time mum

Reaction score
Wow, just found this section!

My Alexa was born at 35 weeks and weighed 4lbs 12 oz, she is 3 weeks old tomorrow and doing really well. She weighed 5lbs 11oz yesterday!

Will Alexa always be 5 weeks behind a full term baby - is that how I have to see things in terms of her developmemt or not?

Hi First Time Mum,

I also had my baby 5 weeks early and like you was concerned about her development being behind other babies but so far 11 weeks on i don't see any difference, she's smiling and laughing loads and has been doing for a few weeks now, she's always had strong neck and head muscles and has been holding her head up really well since birth, and she's piled on the weight to, at birth she was 5lb 15oz and when she was weighed at just over 9 weeks she was 11lb 3oz, to look at her now you'd never know she was premature. I wouldn't worry to much, all babies devolop at different rates and by the sounds of it Alexa's coming on a treat, I hope that helps a bit, :D

Love Lisa and Eva (11+4 weeks old) xxx

:wave: hi ive had two preemies now one at 30 weeks and one at 35 weeks and havent noticed a development delay just take each day as it comes :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

leland was 6 weeks early and some things he follows is proper age and some corrected but then there is no given rule anyway they will do what they want to when they want too !!!! but with her weight etc for the first year they will go by her corrected age .

thanks sooo much for your replies - all sounds very positive,

Just one other thing - Did you find your babies quite windy? Alexa has just started to have a lot of wind and wondered whether infacol would help her, assumming I can give it to her this young?

Bethan was very windy we gave her gripe water, it does get better :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back