• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

helping to crawl on wooden flooring?

Sage

Reaction score
Im sure ky sometimes tries to crawl and get about but he cant get anywhere on our slippery wooden floor. ive tried putting mats down for him but the whole mat goes with him! what does everyone else do who has a wooden floor? any tips?

We have the same issue - I've got a really big mat from Ikea which covers a lot of the floor and that helps. Also have him mostly in bare feet so he can get more of a grip. When he wears some trousers (usually ones with no natural fibres in them!) he just slips everywhere and looks very confused.

I put a large duvet down for James. He seems to do 'proper' crawling on the duvet and 'commando' on the floor. To be honest, he seems to prefer the wooden floor. I think he can go faster on there as there's less friction!

I used to put a single quilt down for him to roll around on and now we have a rug (with non slip tape underneath) because the floor gets really cold. But he can crawl fine on the laminate - he started off commando crawling because he could pull himself along easily on the slippy floor but he does crawl on his hands and knees most of the time now so it hasn't stopped him learning :)

We have wooden floors and Alex has never mastered crawling, but he bum-shuffles EXCEPTIONALLY well.
He's like a lightning fast bum shuffling ninja.

Xena said:
We have wooden floors and Alex has never mastered crawling, but he bum-shuffles EXCEPTIONALLY well.
He's like a lightning fast bum shuffling ninja.

:rotfl: I was a bum shuffler and didnt walk until i was just over two! maybe my little man will follow his mummy :think:

We had the same issue and I would reiterate what others have said - a big playmat (Ikea have some cheap ones) and bare feet. Once they get it though it won't be a problem. She didn't crawl until 10.5 months though.

You can get those things to keep your rugs in place on wooden floors too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back