• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

healthy eating

ninjawomble

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble?
Ive never been one for eating well, dont consume many calories or lotsa fruit/veg.

Im trying with the fruit and fruit juices etc, but finding it hard!! Im taking antenatal vitamins every day.
Problem is Im craving junk too!!
Feel like Im being a bad Mum before bubbas even here!!

Hiya,

Im in a bit of a crappy situation as i have to have a low fibre diet and cant tolerate fruit (due to my crohns disease). I either eat the healthy food and get ill or stay away from it and dont get the nutrients. I love fruit and veg so if i could eat it i would!

Im also taking pro natel vitamins so im hoping that will do the trick to a certain extent. I have been told that babies are great at taking the nutrients they need to if anyone suffers it will be you.

I also feel guilty for not being able to eat the way i should but it will do the baby more harm if i end up flaring.

Claire x

Firstly you are NOT a bad Mum...

Why not take a look at healthier options that you believe you would enjoy, these dont nessarily have to be a stick of celery or making sure you get your five a day... What about experiementing with different recipes you enjoy? A chilli con carne with added vegetables, homemade pizza and burgers rather then takeout and if u really crave junk like say cakes and pastries why not try baking a cake or cookies where you know what the ingriediants are rather then processed alternative its alot more fun too :)...

The most important thing is to remember to not abandon your cravings completly its ok to have a bit of junk now and again, set yourself some healthy goals but also allow yourself treats now and again, that way you're getting a healthier lifestyle but also respecting your needs as a human being and as a mother ;)

:hug: :hug:

Steelgoddess said:
Firstly you are NOT a bad Mum...

Why not take a look at healthier options that you believe you would enjoy, these dont nessarily have to be a stick of celery of making sure you get your five a day... What about experiementing with different recipes you enjoy? A chilli con carne with added vegetables, homemade pizza and burgers rather then takeout and if u really crave junk like say cakes and pastries why not try baking a cake where you know what the ingriediants are rather then processed alternative...

The most important thing is to remember to not abandon your cravings completly its ok to have a bit of junk now and again, set yourself some healthy goals but also allow yourself treats now and again, that way you're getting a healthier lifestyle but also respecting you needs as a human being and as a mother ;)

:hug: :hug:

I totally agree with everything she said!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Im the same I have never been a big eater and what I do eat is not stuff thats good for me. I don't like veg that much but I do like salad and stuff so I tend to overload on that if anything I would eat raw carrot and have lettuce and cucumber in sandwiches and stuff. :hug: Doesn't mean your a bad mum the baby takes in the stuff he or she wants :)

:shock: HEALTHY EATING :shock:

I go through spells depending on the day of the week, somedays i want all things bad for me like chocolate etc and others i just want veg and fruit.
I just go with the flow nothing is going to harm bambina in moderation so Im not going to put myself on a strict diet of only healthy stuff when the odd bit of junk is allowed!!!

I'm a terrible eater too and too be honest I often forget the 5 a day guideline, I have managed to add salad to my bacon butties and cut down a little on chips since my chip craving has gone, but now my big craving is deep fried mars bar with ice cream and I'm drinking litres of lemonade. :wall:

Waiting for my sweetcorn craving to return!

Sarah xxx

I'm terrible.....I'm sick of hearing my DH telling me I need to eat more healty

I've never really been a big fruit or veg fan but I've managed to stay helathy for 31 years eating what I eat now so I can't be doing to bad.

I mentioned that I was worried to my MW and she just said that if the baby needed anything that it wasn't getting already I would know about it and would probably get a craving for something. She says that the reason a lot of women go off things like coffe, alcohol etc etc.

I've been awful. I was super healthy before I got pregnant. I did Slimming World and got way more than my 5 a day.

Now, all I can handle is bready products. Toast, bagels and muffins. I try to eat healthy, I was so happy when I saw british strawberries in the shops, but they make me vomit :(

I think my nausea is getting worse too which doesn't help cos fruit and veg don't get rid of my nausea! Hopefully, once the nausea goes I can eat properly again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back