Hair loss

erin

Reaction score
Hi all!:wave:

I have in the last 3 weeks noticed that I've been getting a lot of hair loss while having a shower or even generally throughout the day. It's not like bald patches are showing, but I feel that my hair is thinner and there is LOTS of hair in my hands after I finish shampooing.

Is anybody else going through something similar? Is this something that is common after birth? I gave birth 4 months ago and this started just after 3 months. In case it's relevant, I haven't had a period yet and I'm breastfeeding.

Something else that might be related, is that the shampoo hardly lathers and I need to reapply 2-3 times before it does.

Thanks!

I think its quite normal after having a baby. I lose lots per wash but my hairdresser said my hair is fine. When I was pg it was really really thick but after all 3 pg;s even the mc, it started coming out again.

They say, you should take your vitamins up to a year after giving birth. Pregnancy does this, loss of hair. Just keep your vitamin up take in and you should be ok, no biggy, unless clumps are coming right out :shock:

Hi

I've actually had this throughout my pregnancy and am now 35 weeks. They say it has something to do with your hormones, once they balance out all should return to normal. You should also get your iron levels checked, full blood count and ferratin levels. Ferratin should be over 40 for healthy regrowth. I'm taking iron tablets at the moment and things are settling down a bit.

Hope this helps.
M x

I have read that during pregnancy you often dont lose your hair at the normal rate so afterwards you start losing the extra hair - its just seems a lot because its all at once, if that makes sense?
It hasnt happened to me yet but I fully expect it too as its been loads thicker from about 6 months preg.
If you are worried ask your doc or even your hairdresser (if you have time to go to one!) but I think its normal :hug:

yep! Mine falls out loads!

It usually starts when your baby is around 3 months old. Perfectly normal.

K.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back