Gripe water users ahoy!!

beckyboo1

Reaction score
I need to pick your brains!! So Harry will be a month on Saturday so going to give gripe water a go (managed to get a coupe of bottles last week on sainsburys)

Was having a read of the instructions and have a few queries....

It says give before or after a feed- do you think this makes a difference? What do you do?

Says to be given maximum of 6 times a day... Now obviously Harry has more than 6 feeds a day so what do you do about the they feeds. At the mo he has infacol before every feed. Can you mix using gripe and infacol?

Also- how do you give it? An breastfeeding so not got the option of giving it in a bottle. Was thinking about using a syringe di I could get it straight in there- similar to infacol?

Any other suggestions?

We seem to be doing ok with infacol but he does still suffer from trapped wind quite a bit

Thank you!! Xx

I'd go for syringe xx like the ones you get when you buy nurofen? Xx

I'd also give it every second feed, so that its interspersed throughout the day xx hope it helps xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used it religiously :oooo:
I found I needed it more for evenings so i used it sparingly during daytime feeds. I syringed it in as was ebf at the time. For us it worked better after feeds (once he'd finished being sick etc) if I'd given it before he'd have just thrown it up again along with his milk.

Thank you- frolass he's def worse in evening so good idea about spreading them out

Will make sure I save a couple of doses for early evening

Princess- hadn't thought about him sicking it up... After seems obvious

Even with a syringe I struggled to get it down E so just went back to the Infacol for ease. Not sure if you can mix them?

My poor tilly gets infacol, gripe water and colief and Gaviscon at most feeds lol.

I give it before or after, I haven't noticed I difference really. Though the sick thing could be relevant I guess.

The boots stuff comes with a plastic medicine spoon which you can use to feed him, I hate using syringes and so avoid them because it usually ends up down her front that way. If you put the spoon on his bottom lip he will lap it up.

I hope it helps, I think it made a big difference for us

Try keeping one of the infacol syringes and washing it out. I have done that with AJ in the past. I know you are bf but for any bottle feeding mums I now give AJs in the teat of his bottle unscrew it and put it in his mouth and squirt in the gripe water he sucks it up like its his bottle and then screw the teat back on and give the milk. Just a little trick my mum taught me. xxx

I used a syringe. I spilt more using a teaspoon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back