Fuming!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Back in June we bought a new oven from Argos. We were a bit cheap and cost us around £200. To us that is a lot of money.
Anyway, it seems to be a slightly bad design and is long rather than wide. To get the tray out there is a handle to hook on it.
Tonight i rather proudly cooked tea. Looked blooming delicious. Til OH took it out the oven. The handle bent to the point where it dropped the tray, flipped the food upside down onto the floor missing OH's foot and the cat by cm's! It would definately have scolded if it got them! So £4 worth of tea ruined, a knackered handle to get food out on now a mass of washing to re-do as that's what took most of the mess!

So Belling have a not-so-nice complaint email, as does Argos but slightly nicer. And we're still hungry!

Argh, rant over!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thank god no one was hurt!doesnt bear thinking about what couldve happened.give em hell they shouldnt sell stuff thatdoesnt work.

incidentally i have a belling oven too :shock:

As its only been 4months it's still under warranty so Argos should give you a replacement! (I used to work for Argos)

Princess_Puddles said:
As its only been 4months it's still under warranty so Argos should give you a replacement! (I used to work for Argos)

Forgot about that! I'll find the stuff. Thanks.

Like you Lisa that is a lot of money to us too and ive had to suffer with a cheap and crappy oven for the last few years until last week we got a electric, ceremic top, fan oven and very modern out of tommos mums catalouge and it was near 400 quid but worth every penny! thank god i pay for it monthly!

Hope you get things sorted out and they will replace your oven!

£200 is a lot to me too so id be upset as well :hug: deffo get onto Argos for a replacement
dont feel bad a out getting cheap either we got our belling oven from ebay for £40 bargin

thank god none of you were hurt and i hope you are givinen a new and safe oven soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

£200 is a lot of money its still really new i would definatly try and get it replaced :wall:

Sorry your still hungry though but it was lucky you didnt burn yourself. :hug:

bloody hell!! hope ya get a new one and some compensation :wink:

God what a nightmare :wall:

Hope they blimming sort it out asap for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back