Food thread...

floppit

Reaction score
I thought a thread for favourite fast and at least half healthy food ideas might be fun.

Here's a few of mine:
Corn fed chicken roasted stuffed with lemon and glazed with fresh parsley/lemon juice.

Triple banana milkshake - 3 smoothed bananas + about a pint of skimmed milk.

ooooo and posh yoghurts!

oooo and strawberries and cream - but I think this week might be the last.

Oh OH - I can't forget, you can eat blue cheese IF it's piping hot, so blue cheese and fresh rocket pasta sauce.

Don't know why, but I've been craving fruit like mad!! Apples, pears, oranges, melons...you name it, I want it! I used to be a big sweets eater...cakes, ice cream, custard - now, I can't even think of the stuff without gagging.

I've also grown fond of dark meat chicken...used to only eat the breast, but now it's the dark meat I crave...hmmm...maybe an iron deficiency? Oh, and soups...all kinds, but mostly clear ones - I just had an Italian wedding soup with barley, spinach and beef...which was delicious.

Coco Pops - thats all I can eat

Utter crap - nothing decent at all :(

These should come with the first bounty pack instead of enough leaflets to fell a small forest!
00000103224-BACKTOBASICSProfessionalSmoothieMakerSHP1000-large.jpeg

Oh yes - SOUP!!! I like fish soup (I know I'm freaky!) I treated myself to 2 tins of Baxters Cullin Skink at over £2 a bleedin' tin! But it is the world's BEST fish soup.

And I've been suppin' vegatable bullion like mad!

I LOVE beans on wholemeal toast!! Yummy. I recently read that beans have a massive salt content though, so I am swapping to low-salt ones.

I am really craving satsumas too, but they're not quite in season yet....gah!! :wall:

I've been mostly eating

Nectarines
Grapes
Pasta bake with lots of cheese
Homemade soup

but recently been laid down with the cold and everything just tastes so wrong.

oh god where shall I start??

Nectarines
Grapes
McDonalds Chicken selects and sweet chilli sauce
Bombay mix
Apricots (dried and fresh)
Strawberry and mango smoothies (can't remember the brand white carton)
Warburtons Multi grain bread toasted with marmite
Oh and anything really really spicy (Thai red curry on Saturday night) and I could really do with one now !!!

Hello
when I was really queasy

toast and edam
crackers and edam
noodles
tinned pineapple
Went off all tea, coffee and sweet things

Now I am feeling better

Baked tatties with cheese, tomato soup - homemade
Bananas
Crumpets with Philly
Tinned peaches
fresh orange juice by the gallon
Cakes and Chocolate are back on the menu
Can tolerate tea decaf once a day

It is strange I have lost my food aversions ?
Anyone else
I can now eat chicken and meat quite easily x

I think I might have had my first craving today. I woke up wanting pancakes with chopped banana, maple syrup and whipped cream!!

I bought a pancake mix on my way back from work and I'm now STUFFED!!

hehe ive been eating pancakes for the last few days too. Did you eat the whole packet in one go? I did (6 massive pancakes) then regretted it!!!

i ate like a bottomless pit all weekend. Weighed myself this morning and i've LOST a pound :?

I've never eated so much beans on toast in my entire life... I love it at the moment!!

Also loving hot crossed buns or cinnamon and raisin loaf.

It's weird:

breakfast, have to be careful, maybe a piece of toast

Lunch, always know exactly what and what I MUST have: eg I want tuna sandwich or beans/toast and thats it.

Tea... can eat just about anything, it doesn't matter.

I've been craving shrimp lately...cooked shrimp should be okay during pregnancy, right?

ha ha Ginny marie...my last pregnancy all I could eat was tinned peaches, absolutely loved em..I think you're having boy!!! I think it was a good thing now as the only sweet thing my son eats is fruit!!!

Hmm.. I like...

Waffles
Rice Krisppies
Ready Brek

Cheese sandwiches on wholemeal
Walkers crisps (only 1 pack a day)

Wholemeal pasta with tomato sauces (fresh)
Strawberries and low fat pouring cream (Tesco's finest strawberries - YUM!)

Erm.. Fab ice lollies too LOL

I ate tinned tomatoes on toast, frosties and loads of celery when preggers so not too bad but i did have two whole weeks where i had chips and gravy everyday! once i had i twice and it had to b from the chippy :rotfl: :rotfl:

Im loving... :D

Twiglets
Orange Juice
Marmite on toast
Hot Ribena
Ice lollies, icepoles, ice cubes or anything resembling ice
Cheese & Onion crisp sandwiches
Strawberries
Prawns

happybunny has put Satsuma idea in my head LOL m'mmmmmmm

i love brie and not being able to have it is driving me to distraction; i was even dreaming about it the other night :(

is there anything safe to eat that has the same sort of taste? please dont say philadelphia cos that just won't cut it!!!!

I'd like a nice glass of wine :D Ho hum! It will be a fantastic tasting wine by next April!

I am eating a lot of bread products, much like last time. Muffins, crumpets and marmite on toast. I think it's the blandness that I like. Also I'm liking eggs which I am usually dead funny about. I am a veggie though and so I think it's a protein thing. I'm also drinking a lot of soya milk.

Last time I had a proper and long-lasting craving for bananas. I was eating 6 or 7 a day, and banana flavour milk and banana chips and I ended up having a little monkey! :rotfl:

+++

heles7 said:
i love brie and not being able to have it is driving me to distraction; i was even dreaming about it the other night :(

is there anything safe to eat that has the same sort of taste? please dont say philadelphia cos that just won't cut it!!!!

You can eat brie IF it's thoroughly heated. What about brie cheese toasties? Or grilled brie with bacon butties?

I'm coping with the need for blue cheese via hot blue cheese pasta sauce! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back