feeling very sorry for myself

flinty84

Reaction score
I feel like a horrible person. Me and OH went to see his father today, and he told us my SIL is pegnant, and due at christmas. I burst into tears, and now can't stop crying. I'm happy for her, but couldn't have come at a worse time. It seems every month I'm hearing about someone else I know falling pregnant, and they seem to have no problem at all.
Feeling a bit better writing this.

You are not a horrid person sweety its natural, I couldnt see my 2 friends as one had a baby and the other was pregnant for like 6 months but they understood

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

You're not alone hun i've heard so many people recently that are pregnant since i had my mc... it's not easy xxxx BIG HUGS xxx

I feel this way too. So many people I know are pregnant at the moment and I can't even bare to hear about it. I've had to come off Facebook because I can't stand seeing peoples updates about babies and scan pics. Everytime I see them it just upsets me and I know I should be happy for them but it's so hard. Don't feel bad, it's natural to feel this way xx

You are so not alone, as soon as I mc'd everyone around me was getting pregnant, my cousin gave birth on my due date. Its normal to mourn and grieve your little one and the fact that people around are having what you have just loss makes that loss even harder. So sorry hun :hug:

so sorry hun. it is a completely natural emotion xxx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

its never fair hunni, when i lost my twins when i was 18 a week after my mc my SIL decided to meantion whilst i was there that she was pregnant due a week after when twins were due am she knew this and rubbed it in my face in front of all my family to say the least my family flipped on her as she is less than a year older than me x x x

It's been 5 months since my first MC and 2 months since my 2nd. I still can't go to the shops with out getting teary and avoid it as much as possible. I had a friend announce she was expecting the day I was due and she used the exact words that i was going to use. I "Unsubscribed" to her on facebook so i don't see any of her posts. Then I found a lot of my friends like me were getting down and dirty inbetween xmas and new years so I have about about 5 friends due in Sept same as me. It breaks my heart.

I can tell you now there will be no mention about a pregnancy on my facebook status ever.

It's totally normal to feel like this. When I had my mc I had a aunt pregnant due a week before I was and I could not bare to be in the same room as her for a while. About 3 weeks after the d/c I went for dinner with friend and one was 20 wks and I kept having to go to the toilet and cry as it was just unbearable.

I feel the same - everywhere i go bumps and tiny babies. Trying my husbands patience with my refusal to spend time with his friends pregnant wives. Its exhausting the tears and fears, my imagination doesn't help - feel like a woman with broken bits.

I know exactly how you feel. My sis has a 6 month old and my other sis is due in November. It really hurts, and we tried for so long to have a baby. To have our LO taken away from us is so hard and being around other people with babies and bumps is painful. I can't avoid my sisters though - I just have to tell myself it's not their fault and I am happy for them, but it hurts. I just wish no one had to go through mc. Sending you hugs x x x

i can completely understand where you are coming from, i am not exagerrating i have heard of at least 2 pregnancies every month since may and it kills me everytime. Also, each to their own when they announce their pregnancy but i was just like WTF!? when a girl i know announced her pregnancy over facebook and shes only 8 weeks gone!!! Maybe its just me and what I have been through but next time im pregnant i will not be announcing til after my 20 week scan. I will only be telling close family and my manager at work before the 20 week mark.

hope your feeling better soon, big hugs :hugs: xxx

This happened to me! And we had the same due date! Thankfully that date passed last week and my SIL didn't give birth on that day (that would have made it so much harder). Thankfully my SIL is very chilled about it and doesnt post any pictures that i really dont want to see!

I really hope your SIL respects what you've been through and doesn't rub it in your face, that would be so difficult to deal with. Hope you're ok xxx

It must be heart-wrenching to see those Facebook posts at such a devastating time. I don't want to offend anyone who's done it, but I have to say I find pregnancy those status updates odd - particularly the drip-feeds of baby's progress each week.

I've never understood why you'd want to share quite so much with online contacts you might not really know that well. And two things will confirm to me that keeping things offline is best:

1. I'll never know how far my baby will progress. Of course lots of people would say that's a morbid/negative outlook, but I just can't imagine having to login to cancel that Facebook progress shout-out thingy because the updates are no longer applicable - just doesn't even bear thinking about.

2. I'll also never know what my contacts are going through. I'm struggling to think of a worse way to rub salt in the wounds of a grieving friend than jabbering on about my pregnancy excitement while they struggle to cope with a loss.

Ladies, I'm so very sorry for your losses. I have close friends who've MC'd and I've had a glimpse of what can do. You are most definitely a horrible person flinty - you're entitled to grieve however you need to. It doesn't take an expert to see why stories about people's pregnancies distress you, so shed as many tears and feel as sorry for yourself for as long as you like - no-one has the right to tell you otherwise.

I understand what you are going through. I had a mc in late June, we were at 10 weeks to the day. Needless to say we were both devastated, but especially my dh because I had to be rushed for surgery. Anyways....about a month later we went on holiday and had to attend a family wedding. We learned about several pregnancies in the family on that trip as we made our rounds to visit people. We both felt like we were missing out as we had planned to deliver our good news at that time....but it seemed to have been taken away so suddenly in June. I remember one night in particular, we both just headed for the hotel early....feeling sad, disappointed, and a little angry.

I think it's all a part of the grieving process.personally, I found getting a little angry really helped. We still have our 'down' times but things have gotten a lot better. Vent here. Vent as much as you and need to. This place gave me the support I needed - we all help each other.

Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back