Feel like I failed

Jadie

Reaction score
hiya girls. I have a short story for you.

I treid to breatfeed oliver in a cafe today for the first time. He is nine weeks old. I think he knew i was worried about it as he started really crying and wouldnt be settled. I had to go back to my car agian!! I feel really down about it now. I will try again, i think i got to worked up and rushed it or something!

pLease dont be put of bf by my day, it is easier than bottles if you can manage it!

jadie

you havent failed at all hun, i tried breast feeding colby but she just wouldnt take to it.

I saw a woman breastfeeding her LO in a cafe a few weeks ago and the LO must have been at least 9 months old i thought it was the most natural thing in the world (i wasnt staring but i just thought i wish it was me cos she looked so perfect and the baby was such a lovely wee happy thing) so it makes me wish colby would have taken to my breast.

Next time if you feel a bit uncomfortable take someone with you just to you get used to it

all the best jean xxxx

my MIL was with me and i think maybe that made it worse as i was trying to hid bits from her too! i will be more relaxed next time!

i just found a hair up olivers nose, he must have breathed it in! that must have hurt him! nothing to do with the cafe!

well done for trying to breast feed, i nearly had to stop but luckly i got over problems!

Aww hun you haven't failed AT ALL!
You're doing great! It DOES take practice.
I find it great to use a muslin lightly draped over Brody's cheek help to hide things.
Maybe practice at home with it first.

Don't give in, once you get the hang of it it's no problem at all :)

I agree, you have in no way failed. I remember the first time I did it, I was all over the place and Seren was crying as she was getting frustrated. Like Urchin says practice at home and do it when you feel comfy. In no time you will be an expert at it and will do it anywhere. Good on you for giving it a go :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi

You havent failed at all hun i was the same as you if she was getting fussy ide try and hurry my shopping so i can go to the car or the bathroom, as most malls have baby rooms.
But i can now after 4 months succesfully feed Kiara with no fuss.
Takes practice but i know you can do it :D
Katrina

Thank you so much, I would be lost without this forum! I know what I did wrong and Oliver picked up on me been nervous! I wont give up, I am so proud of the fact I kept going though the first few weeks!

Jadie

Awww, thats a shame it didnt work out in the cafe. I can only imagine that doing it in public must be a bit more difficult than in the sanctury of your home. I hope I can bf no 2.

Keep at it though :clap:

Well done you!! I wouldnt even try to feed in public, i used to take a bottle with me, I felt really unconfident feeding whilst i was out. Its so sad that we feel like that. It shouldnt make a tiny bit of difference if its boob or bottle. Im very sad that i didnt have the confidence to do it. well done to you, im sure it'll be a breeze next time. xx

Don't worry hun - yesterday I was bf Ella in the food court at Cribbs Causeway in Bristol (on our way back from Cardiff) and I accidently caught her nose with my ring. She screamed blue murder and I felt soooooo bad! :oops: I couldn't get her latched on right either as I'd tried to pull my top down to do it, but it kept covering my boob back up, so in the end I had to pull my top up and put her underneath (showing off my love handles, tut!)

You'll get the hang of it and start feeling a lot more relaxed. Good on you for giving it a go :D

Hey I just thought of something else.
If I'm going out I try and wear something easy to BF in in public. My favourite would be a baggy T-Shirt and a long cardigan or something. I pop Brody's head inder the T-shirt and pull the cardigan around the side to help to hide him.

You will find the best way for you, it comes with practice... let us know how you get on next time :)

:moon: full of respect for giving it a go babe! :moon: I cant even breastfeed :oops:

Hey look at my wedding ticker too !

I am going out shopping today so i well give it a try in a cafe again. I nornally go to mothercare but I hane noticed its getting dirty in the room.

Hows the wedding plans coming on?

Thats 3 of us gettin' hitched in August!! How exciting!

hels what day is yours??

I havent done too bad, i planned it within 3 months of the date and have a baby to look after, its all planned except the honeymoon, not sure what to do whether to take isla and go for 3 weeks or leave her and do the longest i can bear without her... 4days! We have asked for travel vouchers instead of gifts so where we go really depends on how generous the guests are!!!
:dance: and i got into a size 12 dress!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back