feel deserted

caledonia

Reaction score
I know this may sound bonkers but i cannot help how i feel. When my OH goes out for a night out i feel like he is deserting me. He is going out this Friday and I am dreading it. I cannot sleep when he is out and cannot settle until he is home. I just want him to stay with me. Does anyone else feel like this? :cry:

Yes! Seems fairly common to feel "clingy" and "needy". I know i do all the time. I dread hubby going out. And I miss him when he does. I end up feeling lonely and teary.xx

I have never felt so clingy and needy in my life. its really getting me and my OH down... Is it normal to have this level of anxiety?

My OH has to work away over night every now and then... I hate it now, last time I cried once he had left. Told me yesterday he's away the night of the 8th and I'm dreading it already so youre not on your own x

It is most likely down to those lovely pregnancy hormones. Maybe try and arrange catching up with friends or family when your oh goes out? Take your mind off it. I go see my mum or catch up with a friend and it helps massively.xx

Yep!! my hubby works some night shifts and i can never sleep when he is on them. Hate having the bed to myself so normally let paige and jake sleep with me lol x

We live abroad at the moment so are far away from family and dont have any close friends. Also i am that anxious about it that i do not think I would be any decent company for anyone during the evening... Part of the reason is that he is going out with his buddies like normal, its like he is carrying on like nothing had happened...

Aww hun your not the only one, I've never been really clingy but ended up in hospital the other night an had a major breakdown when hubby went to leave, just burst in to tears and wouldnt let him go. Ended up staying at mother in laws house near the hospital so they would let me go, and I could stay with him. It was awful, it just felt like the world would end if he left! Im blaming hormones but it is hard, try talking to him and telling him that its not just you and it seems to be a normal part of pregnancy and your not being silly at all. Hope you feel better soon, hugs xx

Awwww, as all the other women have posted it's very normal at this stage to feel like this. It may be hormones but is probably a pretty sensible thing evolution wise too as our entire bodies are starting to gear up to have babies and we know we need the support of our partners. Having said that I also think it is perfectly natural to feel a bit peeved with partners when they carry on as normal when again, it's simply impossible for women at this stage to do that. I struggle with DH sometimes to explain to him that while he only feels like his life will change once the LO is in his arms, life's already changed for me. And being away from family and friends only exacerbates that (I'm in the same boat).

Try not to let it get you down - as TundraOwl said, try explaining all of the above to him and that loads and loads of women feel how you do. Hope it works out hon xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back