Everyone keeps saying my bump is tiny

mudgey

Reaction score
Ive been told this loads of times, not by the midwife, shes not worried at all but everyone else I know, but I feel enormous and I dont understand how no one else can see it :lol: Its not worrying me but Im actually finding it annoying now, some people say I dont even look pregnant when I have my coat on!! Im 32weeks for gods sake and Ive been in maternity clothes for what feels like forever!!

I know its the opposite problem to a lot of you who find people saying that you look like you're going to pop but I actually find I want that response just once :lol: I would post a pic to let you all judge but Ive no idea how to do it, I can just about get pics onto the stupid computer and even that takes me ages :oops: Its not like I havent put on weight either, Ive put on a stone and a half so obviously people just think Im fat instead of pregnant :( :lol:

Anyway, moan over!! Just feeling a bit rubbish that Im not getting of the attention that pregnant women usually do :lol:

Aww have a :hug: im sure you look great. My friend has a tiny bump too and im so jealous

I had a small bump, but i had lost a stone when i first got pregnant guess it was through the morning sickness. I went into early labour at 32 weeks they managed to stop the contractions but while i was there i was still wearing my normal size 8-10 pj's and the woman next to me was also 32 weeks and her bump was measuring 40 weeks, i think i was only measuring 27/28 weeks. I quite liked the feeling of my small bump i had scans to check the size of the baby which were normal so it was really strange. While i was in hospital they gave me steroid injections and my bump seemed to ballon over night, i felt huge then and really uncomfortable.

You might find you'll wake up one morning and your bump will seem huge. You sound like your carrying really well hun, my friend was huge and hated people asking if she was about to drop when she was only like 30 weeks, in the end her big bump stopped her going out shopping coz she didnt like people commenting on her bump.

Im sure you'll notice a big difference in a week or so hun, try not to let it get you down hun i know thats easier said than done.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

If it makes you feel any better I am small as well, although I am measuring a week ahead my midwife did say I appear to have only "gained weight" around the front and not the legs, backside, face and boobs like alot of woman do so its making me look smaller. Maybe you are the same,

a friend of mine is 4 weeks behind me and shes huge, we are normally about the same weight/size and she has gained weight everywhere plus her bump looks huge (even though its normal) but she looks great for it bless her and really really healthy.

i had the same thing all the way through my pregnancy, it didnt help that 2 people at my work were pregnant at the same time :wall: my midwife sent me 3 times for growth scans, all was well and my son was 6lb 15.5oz when he was born. when i went on maternity leave one bloke at work asked where i was going to because he knew it was my last day :rotfl: and a day before my due date i was talking to someone in my village whilst out walking my dogs, we talked for a while then my mum mentioned me being pregnant and the woman was so shocked she hadnt even noticed.
the good thing is my bump was all baby so i've now lost it completely, i've still got a bit extra on my bum and thighs but was always so skinny i hope it stays :pray:

Thanks everyone :) I saw the midwife today and Im measuring exactly the right size so I know bubba is doing fine which is the most important thing. I just dont get everyone saying Im tiny when I look in the mirror and think I look like a whale :rotfl:

hey i have a small bumpy too! was small 1st time round and lost the weight straight away ..

i feel and look bigger than last time but still *smaller* than most pregnant women.

althou i am pleased my bump has grown a slight much bigger in last week so i now look [proplery pregnant haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back