• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay question

Bloom

Reaction score
Im quite new to the world of ebay and i have a question.

Ive seen something i want and im able to collect it as it local but it has about 3 days left to run do i just bid on it and then say i will collect or can i e-mail the seller asking how much they would accept and i could i pick it up and they end the auction early. Hope that makes sense :?

I have in the past asked and have been asked if the auction could be ended early and would they accept £x amount.
If you can collect then they are guaranteed the money on pick up so go for it, the worst they can say is no thank you.

I would ask if you can collect first as some people wont allow it so you may have to pay postage even if you are close enough to collect.

It depends on the seller... i have asked before if i can collect and they have said no (basically because some sellers rip people off with the postage and it costs a lot less than they quote you for) Personally if i was selling i would prefer a pick up. Your not supposed to end an auction early if people are actually already bidding, out of courtesy more than anything, but people do. I have asked for this and the seller has agreed. Other times they have refused. good luck :hug:

Thanks ladies i asked and they said yes that was no problem it was for a leapfrog learning table rrp£30 and she said its in good condtion i could have it for a £10 including the batteries so i think i will go for that.

Thanks for you help.

Just a tip with ebay if you dont already know regisiter with www.goofbay.com on this site you can place what is called a stinger on the item you want, this means you complete the details of the item from ebay, give it a max bid and then set a time for the stinger to take place (ie 3 seconds) before the auction ends, this way it gives you the best chance of getting it for a low price because no one knows you are going to place a bid, the bid is done automactly so no more waiting at your computer for it to end!
Good Luck

This is completely free service from goofbay and you can withdraw or increase your bid at any time before the auction ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back