earthquake

tuck

Reaction score
we had an earthquake here last night! :shock:
it only lasted a couple of minutes but it was quite scary. i was holding baby trying to get her to sleep and everything started shaking and pictures fell off sideboard. i rushed outside as it's safer and all the neighbours were out as well. DH has gone to the shop so we were on our own, he rang as soon as it stopped to check we were ok! just thought i'd share that!

:shock: where are u from ? i bet it was scary :shock: hope ur ok :hug:

i live on corfu, greece

Magnitude 5.8 earthquake jolts western Greek islands
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2007-06-30 03:31

A magnitude 5.8 earthquake rattled Corfu and other western Greek islands Friday but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage, authorities said.
The Athens Geodynamic Institute said the undersea quake occurred at 9:09 p.m. (1809 GMT), 34 kilometers (21 miles) southwest of the northern port city of Igoumenitsa, or 335 kilometers (210 miles) northwest of Athens.

The quake was felt on the islands of Corfu and nearby Paxous, but also on the western Greek mainland and southern Albania.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was of magnitude 5.5.

Glad you are all ok. Was there any damage to your property/things? :hug: :hug: :hug:

we come to corfu every year for our holiday ? where abouts in corfu are u ? before little one arrived we used to go to Kavos alot but the last time we were there it wasnt very clean - lots of rats :puke: also bee to corfu town its self a few times - now thats nice we lve going there and always find the locals friendly :dance:

hope ur ok anyway hun xxx :hug:

When I was a student and studying (hard :rotfl: ) in Grenoble in France, I dreamed that I was on a boat to find out when I woke up that there had been an earthquake. you don't think they'd have the in France but I suppose mountainous regious are made by them in the first place.

rhian85 said:
we come to corfu every year for our holiday ? where abouts in corfu are u ? before little one arrived we used to go to Kavos alot but the last time we were there it wasnt very clean - lots of rats :puke: also bee to corfu town its self a few times - now thats nice we lve going there and always find the locals friendly :dance:

hope ur ok anyway hun xxx :hug:

I live in lefkimi which is the nearest village to Kavos. before moved here always stayed in St Peters, jus up road from Kavos.

and we're ok but it just scared us a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back