Duvets and pillows?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi.

I know im probably a long way off yet but I was just wondering at what age you introduce a duvet and pillow to your LO? Antonio loves to be surrounded by duvets and pillows when he has his nap times during the day (he just snuggles in as much as possible and sleeps like a dream) at night though he just looks bare and uncomfortable looking, he has a few teddy's in his cot and wares a gro-bag but doesnt seem to settle very well. When would it be safe enough to leave a blankie in his cot?

Thanks

T xx

IIRC its advised to not give a pillow until a year old. I think the same applies to duvets but don't quote me on it.

TBH I prefer sleeping bags until a bit older as babies tend to kick blankets off in the night. Also duvets are light and can easily fall off as a child moves around.

Dylan went into his cotbed at 6 months and he had a quilt and a pillow from then. I did use grobags most of the time until he was about 9 month, but then I just used the duvet. Although he had a pillow in his cot, I never used it until he was about 9 months. I started using it because he had a cold so I thought this would help, and as he had a good sleep I just kept using it. The duvet cover has the extra bit of material that you tuck under the mattress at the bottom to stop them being able to pull it right up over their heads. I read the advice is not to use duvets & pillows until they're a year old, but it worked for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back