domestic flights

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
we want to fly up to newcastle for my cousins wedding the thing is we will be in Cornwall the day before it as i stupidly :roll: :roll: booked out holiday to end the day before her wedding :wall:
its a hell of a long way to drive and bloody expensive petrol wise :(
ive gor the form and photos to send of for a passport but its will of course not be back in time

ive heard that babies can fly domestic without a passport :think: is this true we need to book the tickets but dont want to if not.
i emailed easyjet asking them but they sent back a reply that did not answer the question

anyone know???????

Adults dont need a passport to fly domestic just photo ID but not sure about babies.

I would contact the airline that you are intending to fly with and find out from them, unless you are wanting to fly with Easyjet then I would contact them again and ask them to explain more clearly.

Could you go to the passport office and get a passport the same day for Collier, I know you can do this up north as I went to the Durham office to get my passport, surely there must be a passport office near by if you need to get one for him?

To late to do that now were of down to Cornwall tommorow :(

You don't need a passport for internal/domestic flights. For adults a drives licence with photo on it is enough. Babies don't need a passport or ID on Easy Jet domestic flights.

Have a read on the EasyJet site about ID for children. Its it there to be found. Wait I'll go find it for you :)

Copy and paste from Easy Jet info....

The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services. Passengers who use the online check-in service will be required to provide photographic ID at the security gate and again at the boarding gate.

Please see Infants and Children section below for exceptions to ID requirements relating to children.

Please note: Passengers, other than British or Irish nationals, travelling between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, are required to produce a valid passport and any associated relevant travel documentation.

13 Infants and children - Special ID requirements

Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult.

From here

http://www.easyjet.com/en/Book/regulations.html#infants

Or whole page here

http://www.easyjet.com/en/Book/regulations.html

Thank you for that Sherlock :D i do not know how you found it both me and James searched easyjet site and couldnt find this info :? :doh: we must be blind. :lol: :lol:

I would take his birth certificate just incase as on a flight from London back to Aberdeen they asked to see Arianna's even tho she had a passport!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back