Does MW always check stitches?

rosey

Reaction score
At the hospital they said they would leave it for community MW to check stitches. First appointment she said she could check now or next appointment, so i said next as I had no pain or problems. During next appointment she didn't check them? Lo is two weeks tomz and MW is coming (was meant to be Monday but I rearranged) so will she want to check them tomz or will she just leave it? Don't really want her poking about to be honest, can I refuse?

Of course it's your body.

Mine didn't check, they asked each time and I said I have kept them clean and had baths, and that it's not sore and I was passing urine ok. But I would get in contact if I thought there was anything wrong.

After having the baby, I've had real body issues where I don't want to be exposed or seen in that way for a long time so it didn't bother me to tell them I was fine and didn't want to be checked.

As someone who's stitches ruptured and got infected id recommend you have them checked hun, I didn't have any pain either particularly.

It only take them a second and I didn't even have to take my Knicks off. It's not worth the damage IMO

I had mine checked second visit - just a quick look to reassure me all was well.

I had mine checked But i asked But was in a lot of pain as They were slightly infected xx

I've been checked a few times! They dont really poke around they just have a quick look! They understand that your tender down there so they tend to not physically touch them!

I think your better getting them checked to be safe. Oh and also if you get arnica tablets (not cream like silly me got and MW gave me a bollocking because it is 'broken skin' and was making me sorer haha!) they are really good for the bruising! I only had Casey 5 days ago and since taking the tablets and having tea tree baths I feel great and its only sometimes slightly sore when I sit down! Xxx

Thanks guys! I haven't been sore since I've had em and going to the toilet didn't hurt either. It's two weeks today since I had the baby, sometimes I can feel a pushing down pressure when I sit on the toilet but I'm guessing that's part of the muscles healing?

The pushing pressure feeling is totally normal, I never got mine checked but if I thought anything was wrong I would have done x

Just to add - my midwife checked mines today and two of them had a knot in them! That was causing me the discomfort! So she fixed them and I swear the relief now is great already! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back