lfc_sarah

Reaction score
Having their nails cut?

Callum HATES it..!!!!!!!

He screams until youve finished... it breaks my heart every time
Ive tried using my mouth instead of the clippers and he still screams
After his bath when his nails are soft... still crys
Tried feeding him while Lee cuts them... still crys

Im always careful never to get the skin but hes so wriggly he makes it hard...

Is anybody else the same?
Ive got to cut them.... otherwise he cuts himself

Calleigh is a wriggly little madam when i do it, but she generally lets me get on with it no fuss.

Have you tried cutting them whilst he is asleep :)

Angel whips her hand away just as i'm cutting! But if i struggle i wait til she's asleep. Especially to cut her toes.

I always used to do Finn's nails when he was asleep. Now I can just about get away doing it with him awake and sitting on my lap.

I still have to do Austin's when he's asleep or he just wriggles too much.

Jack loves waving his big hands about so I have to do them when he's sleeping and nibble them off.

I cut Coopers skin last time i did them :cry: he bled and everything :cry: i felt soooo bad, he didn't care tho i don't think he even noticed! lol.. bit scared not tho so i wait till hes asleep :)

I put her to sleep in her buggy once every couple of weeks and cut all of them (including toenails), I've never found another way that works and she's awful for scratching herself.

Valentine Xxx

I have sung 'tommy thumb, where are you' to Eva pretty much from the start while cutting her nails, she still wriggles a bit but she does stop to listen to the song and watches me, and each verse is just about long enough to do each finger! I do have to get her in a receptive mood though, no good if she is tired or hungry lol

The first few weeks his fingers were still too small for the baby clippers, so my MIL suggested filing his nails instead. Apparently my SIL's pediatrician suggested it for my niece. I got a pack of mini files from Superdrug. It worked really well for us. Now I feel comfortable using the baby clippers, but only when he is sleeping.

have you tried filing them after a bath. This works for me as I was so scared of cutting my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back