Do you ever think its just never going to happen?

jarjar81

Reaction score
Hey Ladies...sorry, not sure if I should post this...just wondering if other people feel the same...so, as the title says, do you ever feel like its just not going to happen for you? I do...When you're younger it seems like having a baby will be a breeze and then when it actually comes down to it...nothing. I just dont know what more we have to do to get PG...I know for a start we need to have sex more but if we're doing it on the right days, does not having much sex inbetween really make a difference? I dont know...as far as I know we're both ok, physically, my fella has a 10 year old Son and I had to have an op last year (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) for pelvic pain and he said he could see no reason why I should have trouble having babies, as far as he could see I had recently OV'd too...maybe I'm just having a down day...I'm not due on til Sunday so who knows, technically this COULD be my month but I have no real symptoms, just an increase in appetite and some cramps...

Sorry for going on...I guess sometimes you just need to get things out your system!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :wave:
xxxxx

Chin up Hun. We all feel like that sometimes, like you the witch is due by end of the week, every month I hope it's my month but I guess like they say good things come to those who wait. Babydust to you.Xx

Hi hon, prior to putting our minds to ttc Ella dh and I had, during our 8 year relationship up to that point, often not been careful and so I was convinced we'd have problems.

On the month we fell pregnant I gave up caffeine, we bd daily from cd10-20 and I stuck a cushion under my bum each time and hey presto - bfp!

It really worries me now that it was just a fluke and that in fact we might be trying for months this time and that in fact perhaps we can increase our chances but there are no guarantees. I just plan to try everything including ov sticks and see how it goes. At 31 I feel my time of fertility is running out and I know i am putting pressure on myself to make this happen.

All the time hun ...... and it sucks!!

I lost my faith when I was told that I don't ovulate and probably wouldn't get pregnant without medical intervention, and even though I am now taking some medication the idea of it actually working just seems like a far fetched idea.

It def gets harder the longer it takes but we just have to dig deep and find some belief that it will happen xxx

Thanks Ladies, its nice to know I'm not alone! I did the pillow under the bum thing this month for longer than usual (about half an hour)...my friend had been trying for 9 months and the first time she did that she got lucky! I turned 30 in Feb and I guess a bit of it is that too...I always wanted to have kids quite young (early to mid twenties) but that didn't happen cos my fella wasn't ready due to what he had been through with his ex and his Son so now I've been trying since I was 28 its scaring me...have I left it too late etc...I guess the main thing is to stay positive...every month I come on I try to think 'ok, its not a race, there's always next month' but with each month that passes it gets harder to think like that! xxx

Hey ladies,

I feel the same - only been trying a few months but theres always this niggle of what if something is wrong!! I think the more you worry the worse it gets so Im trying to be chilled this month (easier said than done)

Tinks - Where in Hampshire are you from?

I no how you feel, i mean i completely undearstand :9 my partner and i havent been trying as long as other people on here, but i have been trying for 7 months and i just feel like maybe we should just give up but i no that i shouldnt think like that but its just hard isnt it but chin up sweetie good luck with everything keep us posted !! xx

Thanks hun...Trying to stay positive! The longer it goes on the more difficult it gets though! :-( xxx

i know how you feel.me and my OH have been trying for few months and we both get fed up when witch comes.i don't begrudge any one with children or that are pregnant but when i see bumps i think its never me but we have to hold our heads up x

Definitely - I think it is a normal feeling to experience tbh. It seems like everyone around you can get pregnant really easily. It will happen though hun, it just takes time.

I felt exactly the same when we were trying. All those sex-ed classes in school etc always made it sound like a boy had to just look at you wrong and you could get pregnant lol. Then when you actually want to get pregnant you find out that it's really not that easy or guaranteed.

When we first started trying last June I thought that just having some sex after my period had passed would do it (my OH was also travelling a lot for work at the time) and I got very disappointed when it didn't work out especially after a couple of chemical pregnancies. I started worrying that there was something wrong with me and that it was never going to happen.

In the end I got my BFP 8 months after we started trying, but looking back now it doesn't seem such a long time all things considered.

I've just never wanted anything more, since I was 15 I've wanted kids and was always careful til I found the right man...now I have it just seems like I'll never get it!

All the time, i just don't say it out loud. When i was 20 i fell pregnant straight away with my son. So just presumed it would happen again now. Yet i'm almost 10 years older and with a different partner, fourth cycle, nothing. So i just hope it happens for us soon. It is heartbreaking when AF arrives each month. People say to bd every day but it just doesn't happen. I do think we need to make a conscious affect to bd every other day. Maybe that is the way forward. Seem to work for me 10 years ago.

Last edited:
definetly not alone in this feeling- ive just tipped into month 7 and it is a real drag!! i got really upset this time around not sure why but you do have to dust urself off and get on with it!! hubby was sooooo supportive this month and we chatted about all the things we want out of life but the 1st thing is always a child together- he says even tho hes got children he really wants to have a baby with me :)
something i struggle with is the fact hubby has 2 boys and wether he actually wants another 1 but he assures me he gets upset as i do every month he just doesnt show it :)

hi there..i have this kind of feeling huhuhu.been married for almost 5 years already but not even once i got +ve results...so discouraged now and i even had this thought of going for adoption

hey girlies i know how you're all feeling, i've been trying for so long now that i'm never going to have a little monkey of our own but we've just got to believe in ourselves and our partners :dust: to everyone

I hate the disappointment when Af shows up, but then count myself lucky that I have 2 children already with ex husband. My sister in-law has been trying for almost 15 years all medical checks for both of them and nothing even tried IVF but failed twice now they have decided to adopt. Maybe there time will come now as they have stopped trying. So I'm lucky in that sense but I still get dishearten because I really want to give my new partner a baby. Good luck to all TTC xxx

yes, it's so hard and even harder when people tell us that we need to be positive! But it's so true! When we are feeling down and angry with our bodies we are only affecting even more our chances. Don't lose faith! Look for a good natural fertility programme and follow it for a minimum of 3 months! You are still young, you can afford these 3 months! Best of luck!

Hun you are not alone, i feel like that everytime i BD, sometimes i just think whats the point in hoping! but i'm sure it will happen for both of us, just try and think 'it could always happen to me' too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back