Do I wake her...???.... Help!

munchkin1982

Reaction score
As the title says really...

I am combination feeding Layla - mainly breast or EBM but she does have two formula feeds a day - her lunch feed (due now @ 2pm) and her bedtime feed @ 6.30-7.00pm.

She is however by some miracle - ASLEEP ;-)

Do I wake her? I don't want her to "miss a feed" so to speak. Help would be much appreciated... many thanks! :) xx

I try not to wake ella if I can help it but sometimes have to for her breakfast as she has a bf at 6/7am then goes back to sleep til 9am when she has porridge. If I don't wake her sometimes it gets too close to lunch time lol! It shouldn't hurt her to be a bit late I wouldn't have thought but its your call hun x

I'd leave her, she will wake when she is hungry xx

thanks ladies... funnily enough I posted the same question on facebook and within 2 mins she was awake! I think the bottom line is that I worry if she doesn't get her 5 feeds a day! She is such a good baby and sleeps right through from 7pm-7am or 8pm-8am so I like to make sure she's had enough during the day etc. :) x

If our schedule changes by a bit I tend to adjust her bedtime so we can still fit a good amount of feeds in :)

Just out of interest, do those 5 feeds include her breastfeeds? How many oz does she have from her bottle feeds?
I worked out the other day that Lizzie has 17-19oz from bottles during the day (4 bottle feeds), and two breastfeeds, although I doubt she really gets much from them. Probably 24oz in total during the day. Does that sound about right to you? I'm sure if I was giving formula I could give her more but she only gets what I'm able to express lol :)

Yeah more often than not they include the breastfeeds too. She will usually have 2 breastfeeds in the morning, first always being at breast and 2nd sometimes EBM (4-5 oz) formula for lunch (7oz) breastfeed or EBM (4-5 oz) in afternoon and then her bedtime feed is formula (7-8 oz). That is the pretty ridgid schedule lol but as you all know it doesn't always stick to that! I still always "on demand" feed her at breast or EBM but like to know that she has had her "scheduled feeds" during the day. 99.9% of the time she doesn't require anymore than that.

From what i've read, they can take anywhere from 19-30oz in a day so if you are at 24oz then i'd say she is getting a good amount. She'll always let you know if she isn't lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back