Do i need to fill in forms again? or just phone up?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
As i have a child and am getting Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit, do i need to get new forms and fill them in for the baby? or just phone them and give them all the info over the phone?

xx

22+5

I think you just phone them up and give them all the details

I THINK you have to send the birth certificate off with a form for child benefit but can just phone up for the tax credits.

You need a form and your MW or HV has to sign the back to confirm the birthdate.

For child tax credits all I had to do last week was phone up and give them baby's name and date of birth. (I have a child I already claim for).

Just in case these apply to you too:

It's the same if you are on healthy start milk/fruit/veg vouchers - just ring with birth details and they'll send you 8 vouchers, but make sure you ring and update ctc as healthy start then check with them before issuing further vouchers.

With child benefit you have to register the baby and then send the birth cert off with the application form.

Sarah xxx

Your tax credits you can just phone up and give baby's birth date and name etc and they will update it for you. FWIW it only took a few days for mine to be updated and I had the new amount in my bank within a couple of weeks. As for the child benefit, you will need to fill in the form they give you in hospital - I had mine in my bounty pack - and send it off with the birth certificate. Again, this was sorted pretty quickly for me as I already claimed for one child. So much easier than the hassle of your claim for first baby!! :hug:

FWIW I phoned up tax credits on Friday and gave them baby's details and phoned them today to check status of claim to be told that backdated money would be in bank on Thursday and regular payments start Tuesday! I'm impressed with how quick they processed it :clap: for tax credits (this time anyways)

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back