Daniel Harrison Bray (finally chosen name!!) 20th April 2008

sarahking20

Reaction score
hi all,

DANIEL HARRISON BRAY

my little man is here finally!!!
20/04/08 @ 10:08am, 8lb 10oz

really lucky only 3hrs38mins in labour, he was in a rush!

Birth Story:
I was due on the 16th april but as with my daughter i was running late, i was hoping i wouldn't have to be induced with this one.
On the Saturday 19th in the afternoon i started to get period type pains and mild back ache which i put down to doing too much gardening, so i decided to go to bed and rest. By 7pm i got up and the aches hadn't gone away and i was having braxton hicks every 10 mins, but no pains. Was a bit confused what was going on!!! At 10pm the contraction pains started and were every 5-6 mins. The pain was bearable, but i still didn't think i was in labour. I went to bed at about 12ish and woke at 2am, the pain was still the same and still 5-6 mins between them. I got up and waited til 4am to ring the hospital, still confused wether this was labour or not!!
They wanted me to come in straight away as this was my second baby.
My DH was still asleep so i had to wake him up, which took a good 10mins as he sleeps like a log :sleep: In the end i ended up throwing a glass of water over him and threatening to drive myself to the hospital :wall:
At the hospital (5:15am) i was taken straight into a delivery suite and examined. I was 4cm dilated and my waters were bulging. I was told once my waters went the baby would come quickly.
I asked for a mobile epidural and within 30mins the anesthesiologist had finished and i was pain free :cheer: BUT.....although he managed to put the saline drip in first attempt, he took 4 goes at putting the one in my back. I swear he was using a blow dart from the other side of the room, OUCH. He said i wasnt bending over enough, but you try doing that with a huge bump in the way and dealing with painful contractions!!!!
Once the pain of the contractions had gone, i could still feel the tightening sensations and a constant need to pee aswell as a huge pressure in my bum :shock: :oops:
I was examined again (9:50am) as the pressure was getting unbearable and i was trying my hardest not to push.
The poor student m/w was doing the exam and said i was 9cm, but before she could say anything else my waters went and she was soaked, the bed was drenched and the floor was very slippery :shock: I couldnt stop apologising!!
The pressure eased but only for a few mins, then all of a sudden i had an almighty urge to push and within 3 pushes my son was out.
Luckily only a slight tear and no stiches needed :cheer: :cheer:

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

First of all congratulations.

I like the name George :D

Congratulations Sarah - I was literally just asking after you in 3rd Tri! :hug:

All your names are lovely; I particularly like George, Daniel and Matthew.

Do you have any pictures? :hug:

Congrats!!

:cheer:

i love Zack and jake!

Try to post the pics again, i can't see them!

congratulations! ooh i like all those names, my girl friend has a little boy called george tho so i choose it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back