Cushions help!

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
I'm finally getting a new sofa :yay: my cheap cream one from ikea is now absolutely disgusting! I swear I've never dropped anything on a sofa til I got it! Now it's covered in tea, coffee, vodka and orange, cider, beer, chocolate and all sorts of other food and drink!!

So anyway, my Walls are cream and an olivey, khaki green and the sofas brown! I've got laninate and the rest of the furniture antique pine - what colour cushions should I go for?!

Sounds wicked!

Brown and khaki together? Or I reckon cushions with hints of gold will look lovely?

I can't wait to decorate our bedroom, we're having purple, white & silver and all our furniture is oak! :)

xxx

I love shades of green with kahki and brown/chocolate :) Thats what I have on my sofas :)

go with the olive green and matching shades of green to bring some colour in? I got some material from laura ashley for £5 per metre in their bargain bin, I never though there was any point even going in there cos its so expensive but i was getting desparate cos I couldnt find anything and it was perfect :yay: made curtains and big sofa cushion covers and a bean bag stylee door stop out of it.

then I found out they make matching wall paper in the pattern so I got a sample and framed it in an ikea frame :yay: now I have a very posh laura ashley living room on the very very cheap!! Wooo!

So the moral of my story is, its always worth a look!

See I'm not a big fan of green! But I think I'm gona go with it! Went for my first trip to dunhelm mill but they had nothin to go!

did you get a mirror while you were there?!?!

No they didn't have any freestanding ones :( I did see a wall art thing that I so know from somewhere but I don't know where!! Seen a gorgeous little bucket chair for k that I really want! Have been looking for a chair for her that's child height xos she's obsessed with them!!

what about adding some mink/ taupe colours along with a hint of turquoise to bring out the olive green?

Ooo that sounds dead good! I might have a hunt for some like that! Got a call earlier yo say itl be here on Thursday :yay: got told it would be 2 weeks!! So need. New one, ella emptied a cup of tea over it earlier :wall:

I know Dunelm mill have a huge cushion collection (and usually really reasonable) along with coloured accessories to match!!!

I have cream mink feature wallpaper and a brown and mink colour sofa and when i move i'm going to make a canvas out of the spare wallpaper i have (as it cost me a fortune and am going to put it to good use!!) and i think i might pick up some turquoise myself to little objects!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back