Computer networking help

kelsey

Reaction score
I use orange livebox for the internet and have laptop and pc

I want to network them but am having trouble - o/h has got my laptop up on his pc but i cant find the pc on my laptop.

Any ideas what i do now?

Have you ensured your security settings aren't stopping you from seeing p.c?

I've go no idea lol - i'm useless with comps. i just can't get to o/h's comp. i can see him on there sometimes but cant click on it or anything

Will ask OH for advice when he gets out of bath.... IT is his thing-does it for a living. :)

To test if the network is set up properly, go to one of the folders you want to share on the network - for example your documents or music folders, right click > properties > sharing and then tick "share this folder on the network" and name it. Do this to a folder on each of the machines. When you go to network places on either machine, you should be able to see and access these folders.

If that doesnt work then post here how you set up the network, which steps you took etc.

Jax x

glitzyglamgirl said:
To test if the network is set up properly, go to one of the folders you want to share on the network - for example your documents or music folders, right click > properties > sharing and then tick "share this folder on the network" and name it. Do this to a folder on each of the machines. When you go to network places on either machine, you should be able to see and access these folders.

If that doesnt work then post here how you set up the network, which steps you took etc.

Jax x

I've got no sharing option but o/h has on his pc (if that makes a difference)

Do you have a network card in your laptop? It should have as most laptops do, and if so...is it enabled?

I would check the documentation that came with your laptop and if its available, give tech support a call. Network issues are hard to diagnose with the machine in front of you let alone via a forum :wink: :lol:

Hope you get it sorted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back