• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

christening help

sam96031

Reaction score
hi was just wondering if anyone knew how many godparents were the norm in a christening? and what age did you have your LO christened if you did?
thanx

We are getting Oliver christened next Sunday so he will be just over 5 months old. We are having 4 godparents but think you can have as many as you like within reason. Hope this helps

Hi,

Had dd christened when she was 5 months old and had 4 godparents. 2 godmothers and 2 godfathers (keeping both sides of family happy). With DS he was christened when he was 3 months old and again we had 4 godparents 2 from each side.

I don't know how many are norm as I have friends who have just had 2 and other who have had 4 and some who have had 3. I think it is up to you. The only thing I know is that for a baptism I think one of the godparents at least has to be catholic (I think that is the tradition). Hope this helps. :D

I have one Godmother, one Godfather.
Our baby will have 1 of each also.

There are no hard and fast rules with it though, just "within reason" i.e. 20 godparents at the ceremony might produce :roll: type of reactions. I'd stick to the norm of 2-4!! As for ages, I'm hoping to aim for around October time, baby will be 2-3 months old by then.

:hug:

The info I got through from the church was that its traditional to have: 2 Godmothers and 1 God father if you have a baby girl and 2 Godfathers and 1 Godmother if its a baby boy. But it is very flexible and you can really have what you want!

I had the traditional ones with Sam and am doing the same for Isabelle next week! She's 6 1/2 months now and Sam was the same age.

Tan x

Tan said:
The info I got through from the church was that its traditional to have: 2 Godmothers and 1 God father if you have a baby girl and 2 Godfathers and 1 Godmother if its a baby boy. But it is very flexible and you can really have what you want!

I had the traditional ones with Sam and am doing the same for Isabelle next week! She's 6 1/2 months now and Sam was the same age.

Tan x
Yeah I thought the same as that too. As with age, I don't think a child should be Christened until they are old enough to choose whether they want to be or not.

Braydon was 7 months old
he had 3 god parents my uncle and auntie and my sis

I think for tradition its 2 godmothers if its a girl and 1 god father and if its a boy its 2 godfathers and 1 godmother.

If its not tradition then i suppose you could have as many as you want as long as ya dont go overboard :)

millie was 6 months old and had 4 god parents 2 of them was her auntie and uncle

i am trying to arrange Diors and Harleys at the moment looking for june so Dior will be 2 Harley 1

for the both of them i am having my antie uncle brother and friend

I had Sophie christened at 8 mths old and she has 2 godfathers and 1 godmother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back