Chicken Recipes please.... SHERLOCK YOU ARE A STAR!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I have friends coming round on Fri night for some food and a catch up.

I was going to do a big pot of curry as it was requested by a friend, but now I have found out one isnt a fan of curry and the other has just had her teeth whitened so isnt allowed anything that could stain teeth for 2wks.

So now I will make a pot of lamb curry and I am wanting some ideas for chicken.

Something saucy that will go with rice so I am not "faffing" about too much, but it cant stain teeth and cant have cheese in it.

Ideas on a postcard please folks!! :D

I made this chicken thing once, i have tried looking for the recipie but I can't find it!
This is what I think it is -
You get some chicken breasts, chicken soup, red wine, cheese slices and stuffing.

Put a cheese slice on each chicken breast, Mix the red wine and chicken soup, drizzle it over
the chicken, sprinkle the uncooked stuffing over the chicken and cook.

I do chicken in a white wine, lemon and cream sauce. Very simple, great served with rice and some green veggies.

Fry off sliced chicken breast(s) in a bit of butter. When cooking add a drop/splash/glass/bottle (to taste) of white wine :lol: . Then cook till chicken cooked thorugh. Then squeeze in juice of one lemon (two if making for 4 or more) and add some single cream. Stir through and serve.

Pretty much add what you like of the sauce ingredients to give it the flavour you are happy with. I make mine strong on lemon and wine and chuck in a small pot of single cream when I cook for 4 people.

ooooh Sherlock that sounds yum!!

I was thinking maybe a creamy peppercorn sauce, but yours sounds so much better!

i did this last week and it was yum:

bash out the chicken breast
spread with pesto and cheese (i used grated mild cheddar)
roll it up
wrap in bacon - secure with cocktail sticks if needed
fry off in pan for about 4 mins
then put in a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 10 mins or until the juices run clear

slice up serve with buttery new potatoes & curly kale

:) :)

edit: damn, just realised you don't want the cheese - am pretty sure it would be tasty without the cheese too though!

Girls she said no cheese !!!! :wall: :D

Im hopeless but really fancy chicken now iv read these recipes, might try one if im feeling really adventurous later, bought a big organic chicken 5 mins before closing at sainsburys for 99p :dance: :dance: :dance: down from £9, goo yellow stickers !!

Like i said im hopeless at cooking ideas really, probably old el passo for me :lol:

Ooooh I want to share mine!! :D

Honey Barbecued Chicken!!

You can use thieghs or legs. Grill the chicken first and while that's goin on make the sauce using chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, a pinch of salt and pepper and basil and add honey and worcester sauce to taste. Put into a pot along with the chicken and cook for about 30 mins. Serve with rice :D I haven't made that for yonks..Gonna have it for dinner tomorrow!!

Thanks SarahH!!! :D :D :D

Sherlock said:
I do chicken in a white wine, lemon and cream sauce. Very simple, great served with rice and some green veggies.

Fry off sliced chicken breast(s) in a bit of butter. When cooking add a drop/splash/glass/bottle (to taste) of white wine :lol: . Then cook till chicken cooked thorugh. Then squeeze in juice of one lemon (two if making for 4 or more) and add some single cream. Stir through and serve.

Pretty much add what you like of the sauce ingredients to give it the flavour you are happy with. I make mine strong on lemon and wine and chuck in a small pot of single cream when I cook for 4 people.

I just made this and my god it is lovely!!!! Highly receomend it to you all.... Thank you Sherlock!!!

I might have too try that as well, mental note to buy white wine and chicken at the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back