Cheeky Seller on Ebay!!! (updated already!!!!)

SarahH

Reaction score
Earlier on tonight I won a Quinny Zapp on ebay - delighted I was!! Wanted it quickly so my lovely brother let me use his paypal as I usually just pay by cheque.
Anyways, once it was paid I got an email from the seller asking for £3 more as it turns out sending it to Scotland was more :roll:

On the ad the seller stated it was £15 delivery by 48hr Parcelforce... well I went on to check the postage from her postcode to mine - £14.99.... checked it to Sarah LJ's postcode (Leeds!) £14.99.... to Urchin's £14.99 and to Tracey 2's £14.99......

no difference what so ever!! I was even putting in the weight of the buggy as stated on Mothercares website, adding a bit more weight for packaging!!

I will let you know the outcome!!!

bit dodgy, id be annoyed too!! let us know what happens sarah!!!

Thats shocking!

I'd email her your findings and see what she says. Scotland isn't the other side of the world.

Some internet companies charge more for certain postcodes in Scotland :roll: :roll: Bloody stupid if you ask me

I got a reply :dance:

hi, dont worry, i manage to find one i used before, they are delivery to sckotland and you dont have to pay extra. just want to ask you is it a highland area or not i m not very good at geography))))
anyway i will post it on tuesday and you will get it on thursday. just let me know about highland. and have a nice holiday. i wish i could go and have a rest, but my oldest back to school tomorrow

Bee said:
Some internet companies charge more for certain postcodes in Scotland :roll: :roll: Bloody stupid if you ask me

It did say on the website it was more to "KW" postcodes which I *think* Orkney

She sounds like she was testing you to see if she could make a bit more :lol:

was it an auction or buy it now? If it was an auction she probably didn't get as much as she wanted so chanced it

Bee said:
She sounds like she was testing you to see if she could make a bit more :lol:

was it an auction or buy it now? If it was an auction she probably didn't get as much as she wanted so chanced it

It was an auction - I dont thinks she got what she wanted, but then the way she listed it, it sounded like it was JUST the raincover and bag she was selling, rather than the stroller INC the raincover and bag!

Shot herself in the foot then :lol:

Those are the best auctions to win ;)

Hahaha!!

Just got another message!! She is now sending it by DHL, and says I might even get it in 24hrs rather than 48hrs :dance:

Great stuff... otherwise you could have politely reminded her that she can't change the postage AFTER you won the auction. Sounds like a bit of "I didn't get as much as I wanted seller remorse" Sarah :lol:

Gah! Wish I had known i'm just thinking about selling mine :lol:

SarahH said:
It did say on the website it was more to "KW" postcodes which I *think* Orkney

OH's parents' postcode starts KW and they are in Sutherland, so north of Inverness but mainland.

scotish highlands and islands are classed as the same as the isle of wight

i have this all the time when i order stuff , because they say it costs them more, to which i reply, send it royal mail then, they send lorries over here on a daily basis and dont charge extra (i've checked when sending stuff)

some people are out to see if they can make a few extra ££ , imagine if the seller got an extra £3 off everyone they sold to , theyd be laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back