changed my mind

Try running your Nipple over his nose an top lip, this should get him to open his mouth wider xx

thank you :) well ive just gone and spent 26.50 on a frickin pump after 2 failed shopping trips looking for a much cheaper 1. its an avent one so hopefully itll be some good. gonna try it out in a min.

oh and i have a problem :-( freddie is just super fidgety so he currently has a dummy in...ive heard not to.do that if bf... but its either he needs.something to soothe him or hes constantly hungry...bloody thing keeps falling out having to wedge it between a blanket and his face lol xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I'd let him stay attached to you as long as he wants/can (if his latch improves that is) as this will only help improve things. He might do it just for comfort sometimes or he might be a cluster-feeder.
Cam had a dummy from a couple weeks old and was breastfed. It never made any difference x

Avent manual pump is amazing - tommee tippee one nearly ripped my nips off and broke! Don't worry about the dummy - if you are going to be expressing and bottle feeding him part of the time as well its the same thing in regards to the latch etc. Xx

ok so in about 7 mins ive got out 20ml...about 12ml from the right boob and hardly anything from the left. the left feels fuller and is more sore when prodded but not much milk will come out...is it something im doing wrong? x

oh no i lied-just over 30 ml! i wasnt holding the bottle straight. is that good? x

Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Another few tricks which worked for J. The bugger used to just fall asleep. Tricks from the MW were tickle/stroke his cheeks to encourage suckling. If they get too comfy and fall asleep tickle their feet. Last resort strip I'm down to their vest to wake them up a bit. I as to use every trick because J would fall asleep after 2 mins

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

30ml is great as I'm guessing your milk has just come in :) stick at it and you will soon start getting more! Read tweetyfoo's thread of her expressing tips, its great and applies even if you aren't exclusively expressing xx

Massaging your boob at the same time might help as well. I think that's a good amount already though :)

oh good :) i looked and thought there should be more,ive noticed on my breast pads that the right seems to generally leak more than the left...is that normal? i keep.worrying over the left boob.

off topic but omgggggg freddie is playing the dummy game and we.really cba with it, especially as charlie didnt nap all day or eat so he went to bed at 6... so he will prob be up at 6 too... hmmmm at least we're staying in pretty much all day tomorrow x

Yeah its normal that one boob tends to produce slightly more milk than the other, its nothing to worry about. Bf is so scary though because you don't know what's going on lol.

What's the dummy game lol? Xx

where they will settle with a dummy but cant keep it in so ypu spend every 30 srconds of your night getting up to put it in :-| xx

What kind of dummy Is it - we found she couldn't keep orthodontic ones in at all!!

Also in USA the advice to lower SIDS risk is dummy from birth. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

just a flat one- i looked at the cherry type ones as charlie has those at bedtime and they stayed in his mouth when we tried them-but Freddie has such a tiny mouth that even though theyre the right age theyre still too big. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back