• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can OH's feel if your cervix is dilated? (TMI alert!)

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Seriously, this might be more info than you want, so please stop reading if offended easily!

After my labour pains stopped last night, I asked OH to have a feel to see if he could find my cervix :oops: (not sure if this is normal practice between couples!)

Anyway, he did, and he says he found it and it was all soft and squidgy.
Then he gasped and said "Theres a hole and my fingers gone in it!" I told him not to be daft, but he insisted that one finger went in a hole in my cervix.
It did feel very very uncomfortable, but not that painfull. And when he pulled his finger out it was covered in white creamy slime :puke:

To which he ran to the bathroom looking horrified and washed his hands! :rotfl:

It was the only thing that made me laugh all day - the look on his face!

But what do you think? Anyone else tried this? Is it possible he was right? And if so, what on earth does it mean?

Very confused.
Piglet xx

Oh my! I have no idea but will be interested to find out how to find cervix :? I have no idea what the cervix is supposed to feel like :roll:
Bet your OH's face was an absolute picture :rotfl:
Hope someone gives you an answer soon :hug:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did find it!

:rotfl:

Ooh maybe you have had a show but not realised, could that be what the hole is?

I really considered asking my husband to have a feel around there, but I figured I should have asked him to feel months ago to know what it's like normally - if he has a root around now he's not going to know if anything is different!
I reckon you could easily be a cm or two dilated after all your contractions, best be careful he doesn't accidentally give you a sweep and start the labour up again!

I agree with Eightball! If he really can get his fingers throught your cervix it means that you are already dilated. If you don' t wanna go in the labour dont even think about asking your OH to do it again or something. And better have some bed rest. It is really serious Piglet!

he could ahve found your cervix and you could be 1 or 2 cm dilated which would not be surprising after your false alarms but also many women go from 38 weeks being a few cms dilated and nothing happens so as long as he doesnt keep messing then you should be fine.

xxxxx

When you find the cervix if it is closed it should feel like the end of your nose but as it softens it should feel like lips. There shouldn't be a hole unless it's softened and started to dilate.

Thanks everyone, I know I shouldnt really encourage him to prod about up there - but with all the other pain I've got going on, I was kinda hoping that my cervix was dilated and that it would encourage this pregnancy to be over soon! :?

Am I wierd? :?

But that was Monday night, and now its wednesday and nothing has happened. My god I wish it would! But a week tomorrow and all will be over - except for the c section pains!

(PS - let me know if any of you let your OH have a feel - Id love to know what the outcome was..... PM me if you prefer :wink: )

Piglet x

Piglet - you are supposed to be keeping your legs together remember!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Oh my god, I have just laughed out loud in the middle of work - that is so funny. I reckon my OH would pull a face if I asked him to have a prod!! Might see what he says tonight though!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alfie Posted:

Piglet - you are supposed to be keeping your legs together remember!!!!!!!!

If I'd done that in the first place I wouldn't be in this mess! :rotfl:

Piglet xx

lol...my OH would gladly feel now.. lol.. he cant wait to shave my bikini line lol...and my legs when i cant get that far lol...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I have wanted to know the answer to that for so long but I was too polite to ask!!!!!!!

Thanks pigletpoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Course he can tell if your cervix is dialated pigletbabes, i got my DH to check too :oops: he said never again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back