• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BT home hub

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
anyone got one? i want to hook up my laptop to the internet with it. i tried doing it ages ago and just couldnt.

my laptop is a HP pavillion ze400

it has the wireless button on the menu. but i cant do it :wall:

do i still need an extension thing (wireless adaptor) ?

anyone done this before with a home hub?

Hey yes i did it!!! It took a while but I managed.

What to do is phone up bt, say that you have a bt hub and a wireless enabled laptop. Ask them if they can set it up for you, as you are having difficulty.

They then ask you to go on bt website download a programme, that enabled the BT operator to use your computer from an offsite location he taps into ur computer and u can c him on ur screen, and he will change the settings on your behalf.

SO MUCH SIMPLER!!!

is it a free number to use? do they charge you for that?

so complicated aint it lol

Am not too sure i was in a 15 minute Q, and I am clued up on computers and couldnt manage it, i was hacking into my neigbours lol and didnt realise what i was doing and couldnt understand why my net kept going down.

THe guy whizzed thru so much settings and things i didnt think of changing so I totally reccomend you call them. BT usually charge their help desks at lo-call rate.

ok thanks for that. im good with comps and i cant do it. glad im not the only one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back