Bleeding?

Vicki83

Reaction score
Hi girlies, quick question, how long do you usually bleed for after giving birth? It's just it had almost stopped but seems to have started again?

thats completely normal hunny, i bled for 2 wks with Louie & then it started again for about a further 4 wks or so.
i think anywhere between 3/12 weeks is normal. :hug:

I bled for about 10 days, i think everyone is different as i have heard of loads of different timescales.

I bled for about 10 days, no blood again for about 12 days, then had another bleed for about 10 days, my sister bled about 3 weeks had a week break then bled again for another week XkelX

Vicki83 said:
Hi girlies, quick question, how long do you usually bleed for after giving birth? It's just it had almost stopped but seems to have started again?

Is the blood red and fresh or brownish??

If its red and fresh it could be your period the midwife told me.

I bled fairly heavy for about a week or two and then very light for about another two weeks so about four weeks altogether. I have had quite irregular light bleeding since though as my periods have not gone back to normal yet.

Jaidy said:
Vicki83 said:

Is the blood red and fresh or brownish??

If its red and fresh it could be your period the midwife told me.

It's red & fresh Jade, that's why i was a bit worried as it when it was easing up it went a kinda browny colour then i started getting red fresh stuff. If it is my period hopefully they'll be like this from now on, no pain or cramps whatsoever, i always had terrible periods!

Sounds like it could be a period then!!

If your concerned ask your GP. My bleeding is very light brown discharge now and I had Zac just over 3 weeks ago. Im hoping its going to stop soon as im fed up of wearing sanitary towels :(

I finished bleeding around 6 weeks after having Harry, had a 2 week break & then a light short bleed then 15th Jan i had a full length period & it was horrendus :( hurt so much, i hope they're not always gonna be like this, i always had heavy & painful periods but never that bad :'(

Does this differ if your breast feeding because I have not had a bleed.....

Lyndsey said:

yes it tends to make it longer before you have a period.

After i had bethany my periods didnt return, i had to have HRT when bethany was 1 to kickstart my periods again

The same happened with Josh, i had to have HRT when he was about 5mths as i was concerned id have the same problem as Bethany, doc said my hormone levels were to pot and it was probably just my bodys way of reacting to having a baby.

Bit of an arse if you want a coil fitted though as they dont like to fit them until youve had a period, i managed to get mine fitted when josh was 12wks as i explained that i was breastfeeding and didnt want to wait over a year before getting it fitted

Lyndsey said:

I havent had one either. But I waited about 11 weeks after having Zack before my period finally show'd up. So im only 'slightly' worried at the fact I havent had one yet after Elora lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back