BF and returning to work...

hels

Reaction score
Hi, i was hoping i could get a few suggestions or advice..
Im back to work permenantly the first weekend in June to do work 2x12 hour shifts per week.
Im a bit unsure what to do about BF'ing. My job is not the kind of job that i can just pop off and express, some days i may not even get a break in that 12 hour period. So what will i do???

1. Give up BF, ive given Charlotte 3 months, i love feeding her myself, but is it the most practical answer??

2. B.Feed Charlie through the week as normal, then on my 2 days at work feed her in the morning, OH gives her formula during the day and then i feed her again when i get home and if she needs a feed during the night? I would have to hope that i didnt leak through breast pads, wouldnt fancy explaining it to my patients!!!

3. Start now just BF CHarlie on a night and morning and give her formula during the day.

She is now used to taking a bottle, and is having a bottle or two of formula through out the day.
If any one has any alternate solutions please let me know.
xx

Awww what a shame.

I would express if you can and use that when you work. You might find you get very sore and swollen during the day though, so I guess you'd have to wait and see if it was practical.

Beanie im lucky if i get a toilet break, never mind expressing. I could when i was on Light Duties, but i will be working with patients straight way now.
It isnt often i get a break in 12 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back