• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best breast pump / steriliser combo- got Medela swing, but ?

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have bought the medela swing as heard it's the best on the market and hospitals use it.

The only thing is that I wanted the IQ Avent bottle sterilizer (and therefore bottles)- in particular this set as seems good value for money for a great product:

http://www.mothercare.com/Philips-AVENT ... 8&mcb=core

And they don't fit the medela pump right? So I'll need to get a converer? Jeez, the list enver ends...

Don't want the medela bags as can't reuse for very long

I basically want to get the best and don't mind spending money now as see it as an investment.

Is getting that + the converter a good package? Or is it going overboard??

I'm not sure if i've understood this right but I use different bottles for feeding to the one that fits my pump. I just use the one that came with the pump to express and then pour it into one of his feeding bottles if i'm storing in the fridge (or a bag if i'm storing in the freezer). You just need to make sure that the bottle that comes with your pump fits in your steriliser. Is that what you mean? Sorry if i've totally misunderstood!

I don't think you will either.

You can express into the bottle that came with your pump, decant into an Avent bottle or freezer bag (tip: you don't need breastmilk storage bags, common or garden strong freezer bags do the job just as well) for feeding or storing.

Your steriliser should fit any bottles I think and should fit your pump too - you might need to ram it all in but don't worry yourself about getting everything the same brand, its a con, I think.

Valentine Xxx

oh ok- so it's not a pain to transfer milk into orher bottles for feeding (if not freezing)?
i will be a new mum so lots to learn....

I don't find it a pain at all - although obviously you have to sterilise an extra bottle. Give it a go first -you could always buy the adaptor later if you think you need it but I don't think you will x

does that mean i can put my medela swing in my avent microwave steriliser? im sure it said in the book that it couldnt go in the microwave so ive been sterilising it on the hob

ETA i express into the medela bottle and then pour it into a sterilised avent bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back