• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

babies, pushchairs and buses!

Sage

Reaction score
To cut a long story short from the middle of Jan me and OH will be sharing a car. On tues and thurs i dont work so usually pop out with the LO. My OH will now be taking my car to work on those days so if i wanna pop into town i'll have to get the bus.

So my question is how hard is it getting on and off a bus with the baby?! Do they make you fold the pushchair down? what if you have shopping, sounds like its guna be hard work on my own so just wanna no what you other mummies do if you catch buses?! and is it hard work?!! I havent caught a bus anywhere for about 6 years now! :doh: :lol:

wehave easy access busses here so you can push the buggy straight on, but they will only take two buggies so if there are more you either have to fold buggy down or wait for the next bus.

almost all of the buses around here are the easy access ones and after the first time or two which might be a bit of a stress; it's a doddle getting the pushchair on.

I wouldn't contemplate trying to get my main pushchair on if I had to fold it down, If i had to take a bus which i knew wasn't easy access (most time tables will indicate with a disabled logo) I'd take little on in the sling and take the lightweight buggy if i absolutely had to just cos it collapses a lot more compactly.

buses are easy access getting on and off wise,its just they only allow 2 prams on. there have been times when ive been at the bus stop for nearly an hour because all the buses have had 2 prams on already.
some people on the buses round here dont like to move out of the way when they see a pram but i just knock their feet with the pram wheels :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back