Argh - *Scream!*

dannii87

Reaction score
LOL you probably think I have the wierdest family by now but I have a new rant with... My step dad :wall: I love him to bits but he's winding me up so badly!!

My Mum works full time as a Bookkeeper, he owns a computer shop in town. He ONLY works on a Wednesday because his "Monkey" has a day off on that day each week. He sits at home at his HUGE widescreen TV/computer and just watches this bloke run his shop on camera! It's linked so he can watch the shop from home. He does NOTHING else! He wakes up about 11:30am each day and goes straight to watch his monkey at work.

His ONLY job around the house is the dog poo and to take the bins to the front of the house ready for pick up on a Thursday and he never puts them back afterwards. That's when he remembers!

I clean, do the ironing and the washing and general household chores (because I want to and because I'm at home all day while my Mum slogs her guts out at work) etc and my Mum cooks, makes his lunch for his day at work on a Wednesday and works full time!

In the evening, he sits on his computer until bed time and plays war games while me and my Mum sit upstairs.

Me and my Mum take the dogs for a walk around 6ish (just us 2), he said this evening that HE wants to go with Mum instead!!!! It's annoyed me because he does F*CK all and won't take them out unless my Mum is there with him! He's so lazy! He could be walking them during the day (I can't because they sometimes run off and I can't chase them on my own at nearly 38 weeks pregnant lol).

He made a sandwich yesterday evening as a snack and said to my Mum "I've put the salad cream in the door of the fridge for when you make my lunch for tomorrow" - cheeky f*cker!! Make it yourself while you're making your snack you lazy git!!

He'll text my Mum and say "on your way home can you get sugar please" - NO!! Go get it yourself you're at home all bloody day!! It REALLY winds me up!

Yesterday, I told him we need another Henry hoover because we live in a 3 storey house and I hate having to ask him every day to lug it from one floor to another. He said "do we NEED one though?" yet he'll buy himself a HUGE TV screen and treadmill and all that friggin' jazz.

He never puts his plates or spoons away and I end up mopping almost daily now because he spills tea from the teabags on the kitchen floor and doesn't wipe up after himself.

I'm just getting REALLY frustrated and I am fooking dreading it just being us 2 around the house all day when Evie is born because he'll irritate me when I really do not need it. I definitely need my own place because although we NEVER argue and we love each other to bits, I know I'll end up screaming about it or something and cause an argument...

I'm terrible I know, this IS his house after all, and he's doing me a favour letting me stay (I do pay rent btw!!) I feel guilty saying all this but I need to get it out and vent!! I'm pulling my hair out over his laziness and just his irritating ways!!

But the dog walking thing (when it's something me and my Mum do together, not him!!) has wound me up to breaking point lol!! I'm in a bad mood over it now and just sitting here quietly tapping away in frustration!! :oops: xx

No advice Im afraid, but I can completely understand where you are coming from.

Sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

Parents can be well annoying to live with regardless of how close you are to them.. mine drove me mad! Can I ask why your not renting your own place?

ShineyHappyPeople said:
Parents can be well annoying to live with regardless of how close you are to them.. mine drove me mad! Can I ask why your not renting your own place?
I'm on my own.. My ex left me at 7 weeks pregnant and I don't know where he is, I work full time but have had to fund everything myself (house furniture from scratch & all baby stuff) so it's been pretty tight. I can't get my Housing Benefit until my maternity leave kicks in properly and I don't want to move out with a newborn completely on my own (I'd like to be at home with my Mum until I get into some sort of routine or something). x

dont know what to say..at least he is not a hundred percernt slob ...he is earning money..tell him to find a hobby outside the house or something..or be totally blunt with him and tell it to him straight out

I understand, I'd be annoyed. Especially at the little things like dripping teabags, it's not hard is it? But when you don't clean up the house, you don't see why a drop of tea matters.

I'd be so pissed at having to stop off on the way home if I was your Mum, I can't see any reason why he can't go out and get something.

However, I have to say, the little things are getting to me more recently. The tiny things people do are winding me up, so maybe your hormones are having a small influence and adding to this.

omg i can see why he winds you up!!!

Hi, i'm not pregnant and he would do my head right in - no hormones involved! :evil: I would just have to tell him that you have just mopped the floor and did he know that he had spilt tea all over it. With regards to the dog walking, if he said he wanted to go with your mum i would reply "great, we will all go together!" Theres probably a reason why he wanted to go with your mum, maybe he wanted to talk to her alone or something? Seems strange as he doesnt normally want to bother. His CCTV life sounds very dull. Maybe you could suggest he goes into the Big Brother house....? :rotfl: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back