apple cider vinegar

trixipaws

Reaction score
someone mentioned it on here the other day, and as i'v still got a bit of baby weight to lose, i snapped some up when i saw it half price in holland & barrett. it says on the box if pregnant or breast feeding to consult a doctor, bu ti asked my GP and he said he has no idea! :shock:
i checked with my HV as well but she said to ask my GP :roll:

can anyone do me a favour and as their GPs in case they kno? even if ur not BFing can u ask on my behalf please? i havent taken any yet until i kno theyre safe.

what does it do?

I'm no expert but I can only imagine that it may possible make your LO a bit gassy as it's so acidic?

It depends upon how much you are taking of course.......

sorry, I'm not much help am I? :lol:

Well it is a food, so can't be that bad I imagine? You could try it for a few days and stop if your LO seems uncomfortable or anything? :)

I think they are required to put the 'don't use when preg or breastfeeding' on almost every herb.

That it's also a food would make me less leary about it :)

I asked my OH who works for the website team for Holland and Barratt and therefore has access to info on all the products. Apparently near enough everything in Holland and Barratt says to consult a doctor if pregnant or breastfeeding, just so that they can be on the safe side. The apple cider vinegar is made by a third party (not made Holland and Barratt, bought in by them) and that if they are a company making health food products they may be bound by a similar rule that they have to put consult a doctor on anyway just in case.

So by that, in brief, it's standard in the Health Food companies to put that on most things, and if your doc sees nothing wrong with it then I don't see why it would harm you. I know it's not recommended to eat too many apples in breastfeeding (don't know why - perhaps acidity?) so maybe that's why they put it on the bottle, in case anyone likes drinks it all in one go or something?

I found this link too... http://www.chasefreedom.com/applecidervinegar.html ...which basically says that it's not recommended because it is a dieting aid and dieting isn't recommended whilst pregnant or breastfeeding.

Hope that helps?

michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back