Anyone got a job??

PeaPod

Reaction score
Well it looks like I'm going to be redundant by the end of the month! I had my meeting this morning as was told that I am 'at risk' which basically means unless I can find a 'suitable alternative' then I'm redundant. And as they've already told me that there are no other nursing posts available then there is not much I can do.
However I do need to make sure that they don't terminate my contract before next Saturday otherwise they maybe able to dispute paying me stat mat pay (as I'm not 25 weeks til then)!The saving grace is that I'm on leave next week until Thursday and then having a meeting with a rep so I hope I can get it over into the next week before I'm given notice. Only been there 2 years (just) so only entitled to just under £1000 redundancy pay plus a months wages so will be about £2800 in total. Will also get paid this month as normal plus a summer bonus (which we have been told that we will still get which should be about £1500).
I suppose it is all better than a kick in the teeth but man am I gutted that this is happening now. To be honest, if it wasn't for being up the duff I would have been looking to leave this year anyway as I am a bit of a rolling stone and never been in one job for more than 2 years but I thought I would stay due to getting company mt pay! Pop went that bubble today, Wish I'd just left when I had the itch to do so!

And Gayle, you are completely right,! Like I have said to Tim and my friends, I know I will get through this and that as a new family we will be okay and that I'm destined for a different path but it just sucks being here right now.

These changes at work have been a long time coming and my boss always told me that I was on a life raft behind a sinking ship (in that we had to go along for the ride but would be ok) but today she just pushed me off without a life jacket. Betrayed is more how I feel!

Hohum, onwards and upwards I go! Thanks for the support ladies!X

Shit. What an awful piece of timing for you. I don't really know what to say apart from to let you know that somehow things usually turn out ok in the end. My husband lost his job 2 months before we got married and we still went ahead with it despite the financial worry and he now has a thriving business...don't let the b*****ds grind you down!

Hope things work out for you and your family.

xxx

I may have read it wrong, but i thought you couldn't be laid off while pg? X

I thought the same that there was some rule about redundancy and pregnancy but maybe that's whilst you're on maternity leave. I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through this at the moment but like you said you are destined for a different path and hopefully it will be an even better one xx

Sorry to hear about your redundancy :( I hope you manage to go onto bigger and better things :) x

Sorry to hear that... Really not a good time to happen ever. Hope it all works out with your mat pay.xxx

I may have read it wrong, but i thought you couldn't be laid off while pg? X

You can. You can't be sacked due to being pregnant. But in the case of company redundancy no-one is safe.xx

O right :-( well what a rubbish time to have it happen :-(
If you don't get mat pay you will get mat allowance Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back