Anyone else despise the colour pink?

Mrs_B

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone else is like me?

If I have a little girl the one thing that scares me is people wanting me to dress her in pink or buying pink clothing, I cannot stand the colour. If I have a little girly I will not purchase anything pink for her. I love purple though :)

Anyone else been like that and got any tips on how to tell people no pink without offending?

I know I am in the minority here and know that lots of you like pink, this is not intended to offend you.

lol im not a huge fan at all, all the purple is reaaaallyyy nice at the moment for baby girls, so just stick to that. i would just say "no pink!" if anyone asks or emails asking if theres anything youd like, you could make a bit of a joke about it to some people, they will understand. I have mainly white and lemon, as i think thats cute on a new baby anyway, but im sure the pink will roll in. I dont hate pink, just wouldnt wear it myself! there are some cutie dresses at the mo too x

Mrsb I am the same as you I hate pink and all things frilly and stuff! I am going to tell people no pink and no frills if we have a girl, I will upset people im sure :)

Hehe. I am hoping people would understand, me and hubs are renouned for always wearing black.

There is loads of lush purple stuff in the shops at the min. Wont be able to buy anything though until we find out the flavour at the birth.

Alex wears pink, but shes never dressed frilly as such. When she was younger most outfits were white with coloured designs, i much prefered that

I have one black vest, like in her avatar, and i think thats different!

Last edited:
yea babygagasmum, thats a great vest! never even seen a baby in black before! Good on you for being different :D x

I dont mind the bright pinks I wouldnt wear it myself but wouldnt them, its the pastelly frilly stuff I dont like my mum used to have to force me out of myjeans and into a dress as a kid I hated it!

that baby gaga vest is brilliant I want one and I dont even know what im having yet!! lol

ooh I also love love love any shade of green so I will have lots green baby clothes whatever the flavour :)

That is a cute top babygagasmum. I havent seen any black baby clothes, if I do i'll get them so baby can match me and hubby, hehehe.

mrs.s i noticed there is a mint green range thats just come out in mothercare, gorgeous colour! x

There are some nice greens about.

Mrs.s have you seen that the new mothercare in bexleyheath is opening soon?

ooh mint green is my fav and a possible nursery colour for me! :)

no I didnt even know a new one was opening ?? ooh goodie! I cant wait to start spending havent bought anything yet!

Mrsb there is a shop in bluewater that sells funky babygrows and they had some black ones I cant think of the name now but I will find out n let you know!

ooh mint green is my fav and a possible nursery colour for me! :)

no I didnt even know a new one was opening ?? ooh goodie! I cant wait to start spending havent bought anything yet!

Yeah where Aldi was opposite the clocktower will be mothercare & an ELC.

Re: Bluewater shop, wicked, will have to investigate that shop.

im heading to bluewater in the next couple of weeks! will defo investigate! x

oh my!! I am even worse than you girls and I don't want any colours at all for the first few months, just everything PURE WHITE :lol:

I will probabaly have to have some very pale pink or very pale blue things but that's it, and I HATE motifs, little pictures of elephants, cows, sheep, ducks and STRIPES?!! YUK!!!

Nice and plain for my bubs :lol:

I don't mind the nursery having little cute pictures but not clothes thankyouplease :oooo:

i dont really like "baby" colours like pale pink or pale blue, our nursery is bright lemon & lime and i love it, (people normally cringe at this point, but trust me on a room thats 13ft square and has a 90" window its not too dark or bright at all!! )

we have got some orange, green, yellow, grey & purple plain baby grows so far (besides white & cream) and they look ace!!

i think clothes are like names, they have to be personalised to you! :)

xxx

I hate baby pink, it makes me feel a bit vommy. If I am having a girl all will be told not to waste money on anything pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back