• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone being a vet/animal expert? Need advice

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!

My cat is totally mental, she kills evertyhing that moves. yesterday she had a magpie in her mouth and 4 others were trying to protect this magpie and threatened charlie. well she tried to attack them with the magpie still in her mouth. she totally refused to come back home, even tempted with some food :(

We managed to keep her inside but when she was out this morning she did it again, playing with the bird and attracting magpies again. they were bad yesterday, still waiing after charlie once she was inside. It lasted a good 30 minutes before they left :shock:

she is so wild it is unbeleivable. any suggestions to make her more domesticated?

you could have her teeth and claws extracted! LOL only joking. My mums cat is exactly the same. Kills anything that moves.
Nothing you can do about it other thn keep her indoors.

They say the reason for the decline in birds is the increase in pet cats you know. its sad but its in cats nature i suppose. :roll:

She'll kill a bird as a present for you...if she brings you a dead animal try to reward her, and acknowledge the gift, maybe putting it away up the garden instead of chucking it in the dustbin, so she knows you've seen it.
She may be feeling a bit left out and is trying to get your attention, perhaps try and give her extra fuss and see if it makes a difference.

Does she have a collar with a bell? That may help with alerting the birds but no good if its a baby bird. Have no other advice sorry, ap[art from keep your cat in the house when the birds are most active i.e. dust and dawn and like Urchin said give loads of fuss.

she gets rid of her bell the chicky one ;) We are trying to give her more attention and to include her with thomas more. She does not seem bothered at all but maybe with time....

As for presents, mmmm, she must have been upste when i put the bird in a plastic bag and binned it in front of her. did not fancy looking at this opened chest bird while doing the washing up :shock:

you can get these collars that buzz on the cats, it dosnt hurt them, but it does it when they go to attack birds and stuff ..im not sure how they work but they do it automatically, i think they just vibrate which puts the cats off.

they are in pets at home
cas x

Cats are hunters, some don't bother and some you will never stop.
I've werked with animals for over 10yrs (veterinary nurse) and i doubt that you'll stop her from doing it.
The bell thing doesn't work! I'm not convincened with the busser thing either i think they are gimicks personally.

My cat would always bring me birds and mice when she was feeling a little neglected :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back