Any renault megane owners

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
does anybody own one of these and have they had any problems.
me and my oh bought one about 6 months ago...... its a 53 plate and only had one previous owner and we have had nothing but problems with it. it has to go back for a service and we havnt even had it a year yet.
anybody had the same???

we had a scenic and HATED it everything went wrong with it!! We only kept it about 2 or 3 mths.

My friends mum had a megane and the brakes failed on it twice!!

I vowed never to have a Renault again!

I had a megane and loved it. Unfortunately I wrote it off and DH bought me rover :roll:

we have problems with it keep stalling and the revs on it are crap.
ive just passed driving test aswell (about 2 months ago) so its not the easiest to drive. cant really afford to buy a new car what with xmas coming up. so were just getting it serviced instead

Maybe you just need some time to get used to it if you've not had it so long :hug:

We have had a megane and a scenic and a clio and they are renowned for electrical problems like the windows and locks breaking etc but i drive well in renaults so i always have them, much to my oh's annoyment cause he is sick of repairing them. Apparently i have just been told that common problems are breaks warping and suspension ussues.

we have a megane.. its fab.. spent aobut 300 quid on it in a year.. few little things..and mot n that..i like it.. easy to drive and nice n big family car

I have a Megane and its playing up at the moment. Bloody battery went on Sunday at Asda so I called the breakdown company to jump us off which they did and he told us we prob need a new battery.
When we got home OH checked the battery and its fine??? Mind you the car is 'R' reg so she not young anymore.

I used to have a Corsa which I got from new and he was great I never had a problem with him once. We drove all over the place even to France and back and it never caused me any trouble.

My parents are on their 2nd now and have had no problems.

Er a yearly service is a standard thing for cars. Nothing to do with mechanial failings and the like, simply to check brakes, top up/refill levels (oil, water, brake fluid etc) and other boring stuff that keeps a car ticking over. Best to do them before winter sets in, so doesn't really matter if you bring it forward a few months.

Have you got the full service history for it? And bills for any repairs from previous owner so you can see what, if anything they had to have done. It may be they hammered it while they owned it, even if they took care of it. And now its starting to struggle. Stalling and revs make me think its a engine timing issue. It can be fixed easily enough. But then you can also rule a couple of other things in and out :roll:

I used to drive one and it was a great car. Only ever broke down once in a bit of a freak break down and cost a bit to repair, but other than that and usual wear and tear and servicing, was a dream.

Have a read of some car forums as you will see much more detail and info on them re car woes.

Good luck :)

:shock: Just realised mine is due an MOT tomorrow!

Can't wait :x

We have a 53 plate megan DCI. I HATE it mechanicaly its cost me sooooooo sooooo much in repairs nearly £2000 this year alone and it needs to go back to the garage again as it has developed a clunking noise and the diesel level in the tank is broken and i now have no idea how much fuel i have in it :evil: thats £450 alone without vat and labour. Our brakes have failed it kept stalling out if you didnt keep it above 2.500 revs and its had a new gearbox and clutch, i could go on but i wont. Once its fixed again im selling it or burning it!!!!

My advice to anyone dont get one :evil: unless your rich.

I have a megane but it is only 5 months old - not had any problems with it yet. My DH had a clio 02 reg up until recently (just got a new one) and he never had any problems with that. I guess in a batch of cars you get both good and bad ones. We always seem to be pretty luck with ours.

Hope yours isn't to expensive. If you haven't had the car that long see if it is still under warrenty.

my OH is lucky with his cars as well he bought a new vectra last april treats it like a dog and i mean a dog rags it all over the place and it still hasnt let him down!! Mine is cleaned and loved (use to be anyway) and it hates me.

On the plus side i have to get a new car anyway as there isnt enough room in the megan so it will be sold soon. yayyyyyyy :cheer:

Anyone want to buy a 53 plate megan very reliable :fib: :rotfl:

wasnt it renault meganes thats been on watchdog for the past yr or so or is it clios?

thanks ladies for all ur replies. havnt been on in a while. i think renault are lovely cars, i would like to stick with the megane lets hope it doesnt cost too much

Huddsgirl said:
ive just passed driving test aswell (about 2 months ago) so its not the easiest to drive.

Probably because your learner car is put at a higher rev to stop you stalling it all the time in lessons. So hense you keep stalling it now.
You need to get used to it.

We had a renault espace - 02 plate and had loads of electricall problems.
most recently being the digital dash computer control module dieing we had an estimate to repair it which was over £1000 so we have sold the car whilst it was working to a dealer! and got another car with the payout from that.
Will never have another Renault again!!!

Hypnorm said:
Huddsgirl said:
ive just passed driving test aswell (about 2 months ago) so its not the easiest to drive.

Probably because your learner car is put at a higher rev to stop you stalling it all the time in lessons. So hense you keep stalling it now.
You need to get used to it.

We had a renault espace - 02 plate and had loads of electricall problems.
most recently being the digital dash computer control module dieing we had an estimate to repair it which was over £1000 so we have sold the car whilst it was working to a dealer! and got another car with the payout from that.
Will never have another Renault again!!!

i know it doesnt help me being a new driver but it stalls before i drive anywhere. sometimes im on the drive and i have to start the car up 5 times. u can see the rev counter struggling and then it just falls down and stalls

If its a petrol it probably has an automatic choke? which could be causing the problem. Is it fine once it is warm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back