• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another question!!

Jadey_404

Reaction score
:oops: :oops: I feel a bit stupid asking this question but its starting to bug me.

I am overweight by about 4 stones (14st and clothes size eighteen) and was wondering if this will effect me TTC? Also if i do get my BFP will you even see my bump?? Will the mid wife and doctors be able to feel it??

Sorry to ask such stupid questions but i really am trying to eat healthy and i know that if i know the answer to my question it will spur me on to keep eating healthy.

Jade xx

The weight thing could offset your cycle, but not necessarily. I think it's more a matter of being healthy and eating healthy.

If you get preggers, it may take a while to see a bump, but it will eventually be visible. And yes, the OBGYN can feel the baby. They are trained to be able to feel and hear babies in all kinds of women.

Now, calm down and get BDing :wink:

I'm about 4 stone overweight too, it didn't stop me getting a BFP quite quickly, sadly it wasn't meant to be so I don't know about the bump but I'm sure we'll both eventually show :)

Apparently, the more weight you carry the more oestrogen your body produces so yes - this can affect your chances of conceiving. Obviously being overweight makes your pregnancy harder on you physically and can make you more prone to certain complications in some instances.
At my first scan last time the sonographer commented on what a clear picture we had - and said it was always harder to see the baby if there was a lot of fat to go through first!
Having said all that - you're hardly huge at size 18 and much bigger ladies than you have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. Your BMI is more important than your weight in my opinion.

Good luck!

i am alot more overweight than u hun and i never had a problem and i had a massive bump and i am a size 22

I forgot to mention that a friend of mine was around a size 18 or 20 when she got pregnant with her kids and had healthy pregnancies (apart from the usual morning sickness which lasted the full 9 months!). Don't worry. You'll be fine :wink:

Just wanted to say dont worry yu will be fine(((hugs)))
I always worried with my first pregnancy cos I had a bit of a chubby tummy if the midwife would be able to feel but she could lolxxx

I dont think you have anything to worry about at all!

All that said I have personally tried to eat much more healthily since started TTC, its definitely worth a try, will make you feel much better and you will very likely shed a few pounds too which will make you feel great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back