allycat

noodle1

Reaction score
Good luck today with the heart scan, let me know how you get on.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

ohh good luck, i got one of them on thursday :D

Thank you everyone :hug:

Went to have heart scan and the heart is too small to really give me a definite answer at the moment. Apparently it has developed as it should have but the pulmonary artery is smaller than the aorta and there may be a hole between the two ventricles :( Have to go back in 6 weeks to see for definite... keeping my fingers crossed xxx

allycat said:
Thank you everyone :hug:

Went to have heart scan and the heart is too small to really give me a definite answer at the moment. Apparently it has developed as it should have but the pulmonary artery is smaller than the aorta and there may be a hole between the two ventricles :( Have to go back in 6 weeks to see for definite... keeping my fingers crossed xxx
hun aparently according to my cardiologist (on monday lol) the heart isn't big enough to tell things like that untill your 23/24 weeks as it's big enough to see it all properly hence why i have mine on thursday at 23 weeks :) the pulmonary artery is probaly growing at a different rate and needs to grow in proportion so hopefully nouthing much to worry about and the hole is easily fixed with a homograft (it's where my hole was when i was born i think) i wouldn't worry hun these days science is amasing and they know so much about hearts and opperating on them did the consultant say anything about it after the scan?
edited to add my knowlege is limited lol so don't take what i said propperly as your consultant will know better than me

I don't know much about this either, other than my nephew was born with a hole in his heart, and he's a very fit and healthy ten year old now :hug:

Chopsie said:
I don't know much about this either, other than my nephew was born with a hole in his heart, and he's a very fit and healthy ten year old now :hug:
ye nower days so i'm told a hole in the heart is easily fixed and in some cases tehy don't need to fix them :D , when i was born my heart was the shape of a boot as the hole was that big but it was fixed with a homograft, i've not had problems with it since however i was also born with no valves in one of my ventricles so i have tissue ones (artificial ones) and that's what they check every time i go aparently when the valve wears down over years (were talking over 15-20 years or so) i get back flow of blood and when its gets bad i have to have it replaced with a new one :D

Try not to worry hun, like Anna23 said, it's very small at the moment and even if there is a problem with it nowadays it's pretty easily fixable :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck for tomorrow too, make sure you get lots of pics for us!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Anna23 said:
hun aparently according to my cardiologist (on monday lol) the heart isn't big enough to tell things like that untill your 23/24 weeks as it's big enough to see it all properly hence why i have mine on thursday at 23 weeks :) the pulmonary artery is probaly growing at a different rate and needs to grow in proportion so hopefully nouthing much to worry about and the hole is easily fixed with a homograft (it's where my hole was when i was born i think) i wouldn't worry hun these days science is amasing and they know so much about hearts and opperating on them did the consultant say anything about it after the scan?
edited to add my knowlege is limited lol so don't take what i said propperly as your consultant will know better than me

Wow, that's really interesting to know :) I did think it was a bit early to tell and as you say the pulmonary artery probably grows at a different rate to the aorta. I'm going back in 6 weeks so they should know more then, but things have moved on so much in medicine that anything to do with the heart is easily fixable! Thanks for the advice xxx

allycat said:
Anna23 said:

Wow, that's really interesting to know :) I did think it was a bit early to tell and as you say the pulmonary artery probably grows at a different rate to the aorta. I'm going back in 6 weeks so they should know more then, but things have moved on so much in medicine that anything to do with the heart is easily fixable! Thanks for the advice xxx
that's alright any time hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back