Advice please!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
How can I get Arianna to take a warm drink????

She has never been a fan of warm drinks - always had her milk at room temp or now that she is older, just out of the fridge... but just now with her having tonsilitus I would love her to try to take some warm juice or something to try to soothe her throat, but all I get is "hot, yuk"

Any ideas??????

I even tried hot cocoa but she was having non of it!

Does she like to drink tea from your mug? Or do you have a tea-set you could play 'grown up warm drinks' with?
Not sure if she's too young but Liam liked soup and bread from a cup when he was poorly.
Maybe it'd be an idea to have a bit of fun melting ice cubes in warm water so she gets the sensory experience with her hands before trying again with actually drinking warm fluids, another way is to let her get in a right mess trying to drink from a spoon-my mum started this unwelcome habit when she looked after Liam, they'd have hot choc in a cafe and he'd drink the lot using a bloody teaspoon!

Awww she loves soup... no probs there, I've actually got what must be the 3rd pot on the hob just now that I have made this week.

She wont drink my tea unless it is cold.... :?

Might try from a spoon

what about warm vimto/ribena (or any other cordial). I know they're full of sugar and bad for her but if you're worried about getting fluids into her then it might work :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back