• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acidic taste in mouth!

riotfox

Reaction score
I keep getting a really horrible acidic taste in my mouth. It is there all the time making me feel sick. It gets worse at night as I wake up every hour because of it. I brush my teeth regularly but that doesn't even get rid of it.

Has anybody had this? Any cures?

xx

I take ALOT of gaviscon and that helps. For a while it was waking me up at night as well. I've read that if you use some more pilliows for your head in bed that can help as well.

Hope you get something sorted.

x x x x

Thank you Pinkymum. We are going shopping today so I will buy lots of Gaviscon and try that. xxx

Hi Riotfox,

just found this online - may help, may not!

The cause for the metallic taste is unknown for many women, though many doctors believe that the taste may come from the use of prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins are very metallic tasting by their very nature, so if you are not accustomed to taking vitamins, you might find that you experience a very metallic taste. Simply taking your vitamin with food or changing the time of day when you take your vitamin may solve the taste issue. Other women find that they simply need to take the vitamins for a couple of weeks and then the taste goes away for good.

Thank you Pinkymum. We are going shopping today so I will buy lots of Gaviscon and try that. xxx

Oh just to mention you can get large bottles of liquid gaviscon prescribed from your doc, also even though the liquid isn't pleasant its far better than the gaviscon tablets because you have to chew them and it takes AGEs for the taste to go away and bits get stuck in your teeth :sick:

Also, (sorry going on a bit) Gaviscon Advance is better the original but I think you can only get that in a pharmacy.

Hope it helps, and if it doesn't ignore EVERYTHING I just said :lol:

Thanks ladies. I bought some Gaviscon and I will keep taking it after my meals. Hopefully that will help and I will get a good nights sleep tonight. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back