37 week or 40 week - full term

Ems

Reaction score
ive jst been advised that "full term" is actually 40 weeks. they said that 37 weeks is what they call the "safe point" for a high survival rate. I was kind of confused but has anyone else been advised of this?

Anyway i am boooooorrrrreeeedddd bu hope all you girls are ok xx

No I have def heard 37 as full term and 40 weeks the average point for delivery!! Baby has fully developed by 37 weeks and just puts on more fat between then and 40 weeks! Weird that being said to you!!

i know i went to my midwife yesterday and said im term + 3 weeks now and she looked at me and said you not full term until tomorrow. I was so confused. Anyway I have had a really grumpy midwife so i dont always listen to her. thanks for the info though xxx

I also thought you were classed as full term at 37 weeks, however I don't think it would occur to me to consider 40 weeks as full term +3, just still full term iykwim?

The NICE guidelines say a woman's pregnancy ends between 37-42 weeks. 37 being full term and not technically being overdue til 42 weeks but the Dr's MW's etc wouldn't describe you as term until 40 if tht makes any sense as that is the average. Clear as mud? :eek:) x

I believe 40 is full term. But 37 weeks is a fully-cooked bubba!

Full term is 40 weeks as most people get to this point, but like i.love said LO is ready at 37 weeks. You are only classed as premature labour before 37 weeks x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back