Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
HOMEBIRTH IS GOOOOOOOO :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BP was good (low as it usually is)
Wee was clear
Baby is measuring spot on for dates!
Baby's heartbeat was normal
She is still head down and 3/5 engaged

I had some bloods taken to check for iron levels again and midife suggested I drink orange juice with every meal to keep my iron up.

All in all it was very good!
She is going to call me to come round in a couple of weeks to sort out paperwork etc, we did talk a bit (well actually she talked a lot) about homebirths, risks etc etc and she was impressed that i already knew it all. Lol.

SO YAY!

:cheer: Glad all went ok today- fab news about being 3/5! I saw my middy at 36+6 and baby wasn't engaged at all! :roll:

Not long now :hug:

Wooo congrats :) Glad its all straightforward for you :hug: :hug:

Now you can get sorted with all the things you'll need to have in :cheer: Shopping!

Really pleased for you :)

CONGRATS hun yeah to your home birth
good news al is going perfectly
:dance: :dance:
engaged already 8)

Collier is still moving around inside of me like he's on bucking horse not engaged in the slightest

i think you'll be winning me in the MAY 24TH RACE :D

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks guys! Am SO glad and my midwife is REALLY excited, she loves homebirths and says she doesn't get enough of them. Lol.

She recommended cheap shower curtains as floor coverings, she ok'd the 'aquarium pool' so we've ordered that today :) and we've got a hose sorted, and a bucket, LOL. OH keeps on about buying a sieve. Lol.

OOH and also my midwife says that they don't even offer pethidine for homebirths round here! All you get is gas and air - i didn't want pethidine anyway but i didn't realise that they didn't even do it!

She was also saying how she'd never had any real problems delivering at home - she had one shoulder whatsit but they managed to get baby out fine, she had one where baby didn't breathe to begin with but they got baby breathing and all was ok.

I'm actually looking forward to giving birth! Lol.

awww thats lovley.
if i ever have any more kids i will definitly think about a home birth, but i want my first to be in hospital, cos i worry so much about things that i think it'll help if i'm in hospital where births happen a lot... ( and partly cos i dont really have a home yet)
thats nice that your midwifes so suportive of you too...
xxx

Thats fab news Suzie, glad your getting wat you wished for!! My baby isnt engaged either!!!

Good luck

:hug:

Great news - I would have loved a home birth for at least one of mine but with complications I know I am better off in hospital - makes me happy though when I hear of people getting the right support for thier special event - well done you :)

BabyBee said:
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks guys! Am SO glad and my midwife is REALLY excited, she loves homebirths and says she doesn't get enough of them. Lol.

Hehe thats great :) I'm so pleased to hear everything is coming together for you :)

And yup, when your hear your MW talk about the possible problems and realise that actually, they can handle them and it doesn't happen that often, you do feel a bit more relaxed. My MW seems to have delivered everything from twins to 10/11lb plus babies and takes it all in her stride. Her latest one was a 5'5 lady who was told she was having an 8lb baby and popped out a chubster of over 10lb :shock: At home, no problems :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back